Groups

is sky hd worth it

Thinking of ringing sky up about sky hd,can some people advise me on it whats it like is it worth paying extra for.I don't to fork out for it then find it's not worth the extra cash per month cheers in advance

25 Comments

depends on what tv you have, I love it especially for the footie, worthe the extra 10 quid IMO

Bigger the screen better the value IMHO. Also get more channels obviously. I am hopeful they will drop the £10'er a month sub in due course. Is it worth it? Hmmm. Depends on your viewing choices I suppose and how sharp etc you want the pic to be.

we watch a lot of movies and sports on ours.....only had it since Tuesday and the picture is amazing. But I think it does depend on your TV.

Original Poster

got a 37" lcd samsung so i guess my tv will be ok,wish it was bigger but would look daft in my house lol

defo worth it if you watch movies sports and sky1 and sci fi channel! bbchd is awesome too

Worth it :thumbsup:

Had It since the sart on my 50" sony system and the pic still looks great

Got it installed Yesterday and it's awesome! Although I wouldn't pay the £9.75 for the HD and Multiroom though if I were not getting it free lol

No .

lady111;4253309

No .

why??

shanecr;4253598

why??

Have to love constructive and informative posts :-D

Depends on what you want it for. Everyone raves about how good there football matches are now, but they are football matches not big movie blockbusters or documentries with scenic views.Mind you with the quality of most matches nowadays it might be better watching the grass or the players faces. Wheter it is worth it for you depends on what you watch and whether that stuff is available in HD or worth watching in HD. If not stick to Sd and save the subscription. With the amount of offers Sky are pumping out now it looks like they are starting to reach their subscription limits and are relying on giving the product away now to keep up subscriber numbers. Better deals may be on the way. After all quite a few said they would never drop the price of HD but already late last year and this year there has been big drops in the hardware. A lot i know have now dropped their HD subscription as they feel the benefits are not worth the extra

I'd like to hear a comparision of normal sky on a 720p plasma vs sky hd on a 720p lcd.

Original Poster

Thanks all will try and give them a bell today and see what they offer me

getting it installed tomorrow, and also it as double the hard drive of the normal sky + so thats a bonus as well

Well worth it.
    Movies and sports are great
    Plus i watched "lost" and "Ross Kemp" last night in hd

Your tied to the Sky for another year, does that mean you can drop the HD subscription if you dont want it or do you have to keep that for a year aswell?

Pavers;4256065

Your tied to the Sky for another year, does that mean you can drop the HD … Your tied to the Sky for another year, does that mean you can drop the HD subscription if you dont want it or do you have to keep that for a year aswell?

you must keep it for at least 12 months :thumbsup: I suggest anyone wanting this offer be quick to register as the queue for the £75 deal in October was about 8+ weeks :?

toffeeefc;4255753

Thanks all will try and give them a bell today and see what they offer me

did THEY OFFER YOU A DEAL BY ANY CHANCE?:whistling:

reason I ask is that my son is wanting the Sky HD but knows it all depends who he gets speaking to at sky- hope you don't mind me asking

Robotochan;4253196

Got it installed Yesterday and it's awesome! Although I wouldn't pay the … Got it installed Yesterday and it's awesome! Although I wouldn't pay the £9.75 for the HD and Multiroom though if I were not getting it free lol

My son is thinking of getting Sky HD and is already a Sky customer. What is best way to get good deal on this?:)

Robotochan;4256434

you must keep it for at least 12 months :thumbsup: I suggest anyone … you must keep it for at least 12 months :thumbsup: I suggest anyone wanting this offer be quick to register as the queue for the £75 deal in October was about 8+ weeks :?

We registered yesterday for the offer and got an e-mail saying it will be a 2 month wait.

What about threatening to cancel in one name and re-register under another?

I say this, because there is apparently no waiting for new customers and there is no installation fee...

Robotochan;4253196

Got it installed Yesterday and it's awesome! Although I wouldn't pay the … Got it installed Yesterday and it's awesome! Although I wouldn't pay the £9.75 for the HD and Multiroom though if I were not getting it free lol

How do you get it free?

the porter;4325001

i did this 2 days ago but i had a cancellation email of sky today so it … i did this 2 days ago but i had a cancellation email of sky today so it didnt work for me

We'll do the same, an just go for the cancelling option if they don't offer...

Still works out cheaper, just knocks broadband off for a week or two...

Before you order a new HD box be warned about what might be in store for you. Sky customer service is hopeless. Which has just resulted in me cancelling my entire Sky service instead of upgrading to HD. I tried to order this online when the offer came out, they couldn't complete online is I had to phone them, so I missed out on the discount of £10 for the first month's HD service.

Then their engineers failed to turn up to three separate installation appointments, including a PM appointment on Valentine's day. WHen I phoned to find outwhat was going on the Sky customer services tried to phone the installation contractor who put them on hold for 15 minutes and wouldn't speak to them. I was told there was nothing they could do and to phone back in the morning.

I phoned this morning to be told that apparently I was booked in for an AM appointment on Monday, which is a lie as I would never have agreed to an AM appointment. Upon checking my details they had the wrong postcode for me on their system despite me correcting it on the phone with them twice so my installations were being assigned to the wrong region. The next available appointment would be SIX WEEKS ! So having wasted three days of my time they now wanted me to wait another six weeks.

I asked to be put through to cancellations, they offered to waive the installation fee of £30 but could not install sooner than six weeks. So given that I needed a quick installation to replace a dying Sky+ box (my 3rd incidentally) there was little point in staying with Sky with a service that continually fails to record programmes. I've cancelled, the kids will be upset but they will just have to live without Disney channel. I don't think I've ever come across a company that treats it's existing customers so poorly.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions