Is Sony giving Atmos fans the shaft with PS5

Posted 10th Jun
hometheaterreview.com/is-…-5/

interesting article. always been a PlayStation fan personally but this is pushing me towards the Xbox at the end of the year instead of the PS5
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Xbox did this with Windows sonic surround sound before adding Dolby Atmos to the Xbox. Windows sonic is actually good and reviews back that up. I wouldn't be too worried, looks like PlayStation are trying something similar? Sony won't mess up sound, it's partly what made the company it is today. Plus like Xbox they can always add Dolby at a later date. I'm no a fanboy I have the Xbox. But I'd trust Sony when it comes to this.
14 Comments
Is it really any surprise.
They’ve never really slowed mainstream Bluetooth headset to work with the PS4. A USB steering controller would work with PS4 and PC but not Xbox. Sure there is many other peripheral issues.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they introduce a paid for upgrade to get ATMOS functionality.
Xbox did this with Windows sonic surround sound before adding Dolby Atmos to the Xbox. Windows sonic is actually good and reviews back that up. I wouldn't be too worried, looks like PlayStation are trying something similar? Sony won't mess up sound, it's partly what made the company it is today. Plus like Xbox they can always add Dolby at a later date. I'm no a fanboy I have the Xbox. But I'd trust Sony when it comes to this.
STRICKIBHOY10/06/2020 08:39

Xbox did this with Windows sonic surround sound before adding Dolby Atmos …Xbox did this with Windows sonic surround sound before adding Dolby Atmos to the Xbox. Windows sonic is actually good and reviews back that up. I wouldn't be too worried, looks like PlayStation are trying something similar? Sony won't mess up sound, it's partly what made the company it is today. Plus like Xbox they can always add Dolby at a later date. I'm no a fanboy I have the Xbox. But I'd trust Sony when it comes to this.

I don’t trust any of them, not just Sony. They will try everything to get extra money. You can’t blame them that’s what there in it for...
ulysees32110/06/2020 09:22

Xbox have removed the optical out on the series X …Xbox have removed the optical out on the series X https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/xbox-series-x-won-t-have-optical-audio-port-microsoft-confirms-2197933#:~:text=The%20company%20confirmed%20to%20IGN,have%20an%20optical%20audio%20port.&text=The%20Xbox%20Series%20X%20will%20use%20HDMI%202.1%2C%20which%20comes,PlayStation%20was%20also%20announced%20recently.

Not really surprising with it's limited bandwidth
No issue with Xbox removing the optical out.
I use the HDMI so I'd have the HDMI cable running to my Dolby Atmos soundbar which is better as you only have the one cable for both audio and video and of course more bandwidth
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 10th Jun
Bargainhead10/06/2020 09:13

I don’t trust any of them, not just Sony. They will try everything to get e …I don’t trust any of them, not just Sony. They will try everything to get extra money. You can’t blame them that’s what there in it for...

Woah they will try to be a business crazy that?
Jordan_Taylor10/06/2020 10:14

Woah they will try to be a business crazy that?

If you had read my whole comment, I said that...

kudos for trying to state the obvious..
I play games with headphones, i play media through my android TV (or PC) and Av receiver. Couldn't care less if PS5 has Atmos and i'm sure neither will 95% of gamers.
Bargainhead10/06/2020 10:44

If you had read my whole comment, I said that...kudos for trying to state …If you had read my whole comment, I said that...kudos for trying to state the obvious..

Which i did...

*edited*
Jordan_Taylor10/06/2020 11:32

Which i did...*edited*

Ok, so you just like repeating what others have already stated...
Bargainhead10/06/2020 12:53

Calm down boys let's take this elsewhere please
Bargainhead10/06/2020 12:53

Jordan_Taylor10/06/2020 12:55

Well done, very mature...
Post a comment
@
    Text