Is spear and Jackson a decent mower brand?

Posted 5th Nov
As title says really, looking to buy an electric mower for a medium sized garden that has 40cm+ blade.
come across Spear and Jackson brand mower and wondered is they are a known (for good or bad reasons) brand and if anyone has any experience with them.
and reccomendations welcome, budget £150 max.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Might be worth considering a battery operated one if your garden is small. Much safer and about your budget. Spear and Jackson used to make good kit but £150 is a fair bit for a motor with a blade. You can get a 1200W corded spear and Jackson in Argos for £70 with 3 years warranty which isn't bad
Maggy123405/11/2019 09:38

Might be worth considering a battery operated one if your garden is small. …Might be worth considering a battery operated one if your garden is small. Much safer and about your budget. Spear and Jackson used to make good kit but £150 is a fair bit for a motor with a blade. You can get a 1200W corded spear and Jackson in Argos for £70 with 3 years warranty which isn't bad

I would prefer a corded unit as from my research, battery ones struggle with longer grass and I don't want to be restricted by battery times. Wouldn't say my garden is small either, medium sized. Thanks.
Argos have a Ryobi 36cm 1500w for £70 which Im considering instead of the 40cm 1700w Spread and Jackson in question.
Spear and Jackson are crap, they used to do brilliant gardening stuff but somehow Argos got to use the name for their own mowers.
Just bare in mind if buying one now that it will be sitting for a while losing some of its warranty.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants