is stoke nice

going up there friday night

gotta sit in the car for 4 hours

have fun..i wont

(sorry couldnt help it..but really am going up there ..staying holiday inn as attending a wedding in blackburn on saturday!)

11 Comments

Banned

One word answer:

NO!

bet there's lots to do & see if you put your mind to it MB stoke.gov.uk/ccm…re/

visitstoke.co.uk/

hopefully the weather will change again as well & that will make all the difference.

The people are incredibly friendly.

Original Poster

thanks guaise....but just going up at night and leaving in the morning for blackburn....might squeeze something in the morning if we got time....doubt it with two kiddies!! lets see how nice the people are ... put em to the test with my lil boys! hehe

Went there once a few years ago..

No offence to the good people of Stoke, but I'd rather sit in a puddle of me own p**s then go there again.

Good luck anyway.

Original Poster

goodness karokecolin..thats harsh...well we are only stopping the night and going up for a weddig in blackburn next day...... then straight back home to kent with 2 lil boys int he car...gonna be ..interesting!

karaokecolin;2488470

Went there once a few years ago..No offence to the good people of Stoke, … Went there once a few years ago..No offence to the good people of Stoke, but I'd rather sit in a puddle of me own p**s then go there again.Good luck anyway.

you wasn't that keen then !

we had to stay there the year before last with part of our work ......

It was the hottest day of the year and we were sweating

oh sorry about stoke ....we didnt like it :x

Well tbh, It was just a bit of a dump when I went - a bit run-down & the shop & pub I went in were both manned by rude people so i suppose 1 bad experience kinda puts the mockers on it.

Sure the whole town isnt the same though, however, its not on my top 10 holiday destinations list.

I remember Hanley nearby was good for shops - plenty enough to spend your cash on the kids anyway!

It will be a culture shock from leafy Kent put it that way.

It's grim oop North!!

isnt that where the twins from BB8 were from they were sickly "nice"

Stokes a pretty big place where are you staying?

Scrap that just looked, if its JCT 15 M6 Its Newcastle-under-lyme.

Not much there, and not really Stoke... when people say Stoke to me I think... Hanley, Tunstall and Burslem *shudder*
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2160
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports914
    3. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??88
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764033

See more discussions