is talktalk a good broadband choice?

Found 13th May
Looking to get broadband and talk talk seems to be the best value. £18.75 for unlimited usage upto 17mb speeds. Free installation. Includes a sim with 200 mins and unlimited texts.

Just wanted to make sure they a good and reliable company. Or if there is a better deal out there I would appreciate any info. Thanks!

1. Ask
  2. Broadband
21 Comments

we're with BT - no complaints but more expensive than your quote for talk talk

Was sceptical as I remember the complaints when Talk Talk first started out. But Switched to them last Autumn after BT raised their prices. I have been very impressed with them. I pay £27.95 a month for broadband, phonecalls and includes add on for unlimited landline and UK mobile calls. Its less than half what BT wanted. There are also lots of free extras that others charge. I havent gone over the monthly £27.95 and cant complain. Oh they also gave me a free mobile sim card with 200 mins and mins and a little data saving me on a mobile. decent online chat and customer telephone service free. I am saving a fortune. Not sure if this is everyones experience. Other than the costs, BT were fine service too. Just not cometitiveon price.
Edited by: "dogshittrump" 13th May

Make sure you regularly check the speed you're getting. My speed gradually slowed, until eventually I was paying for 'up to 75mb' and receiving less than 10. Their customer service and complaints department are utterly appalling. In their T&C's, it says in my case, they have 30 days to rectify the issue, if they can't sort it, your contract with them is void and you are free to move providers without penalty. It took 4 months and over 50 phone calls for me to get them to release me from my contract. Then after I moved to BT, they hounded me for 12 months for the remainder of my contract, even though I had it in writing that no monies were due. I'm sure a lot of people have no issues with TALKTALK, but they are a remarkably poor company to deal with if you do have an issue.

Been with them for 5+ years.

They are a complete and utter nuisance to deal with if you have a problem with their service. Their insistence to follow strict support scripts on each and every call, even when you are just enquiring about an existing fault that has already been diagnosed repeatedly, can drive one potty.
Luckily I haven't had to deal with their support people since moving from ADSL to VDSL a couple of years ago. They did turn the move into a month long drama and while that was mostly BT Openreach's fault, Talk Talk's inability to do anything about it didn't help. Other than the obligatory call to retentions at the end of each contract period, to get a better deal, I haven't had to speak with them since.

I play FPS multiplayer games, watch YouTube videos and sometimes work from home via VPN. It is all working as it should.

If you want competence and quick turn arounds, pay the extra and go for BT Business. If on the other hand you are cheap, like me, Talk Talk is the way to go.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 13th May

I've been with Talk Talk for over a year now on an 18 month fibre contract. The company has had a lot of bad press and every customer's experience will be different, but personally I have never had a problem with them and would happily recommend their service.

We're with them now. Our sync speed constantly fluctuates, and our service disconnects every day or two and leaves us without internet for a few minutes before it syncs again.

No problems with the line as we were previously with Sky, who were excellent, and before that we were with BT Infinity, which was also great. The issues we have are definitely on TalkTalk's end, and I feel that it's either caused by their awful router or their backhaul.

Coming out of our contract and going back to BT, solely because of the disconnections we've been experiencing and the fact that with BT Infinity I'll get a £200 prepaid Mastercard and possible £80 Quidco cash back.
Edited by: "preecey" 13th May

Just an add on, there are some posts in the deals for Sky new customers 12months including line rental and broadband for under £10 a month. Just incase you havent set your heart on Talk Talk. Its a great position to be in when your current contract is over as you can shop around for a bargain.

I have talktalk and I can say it is great I have the 80/20 speed 30 pounds all a month with free SIM card speed is great though the day max I get is 70 down 18 up and I have lots of items on the internet and it never slows down I did have virgin media but it cost so much more and I thought try talktalk cheap as chips can not fault

Fine of nothing goes wrong but woeful support & custmer service.

Normal yes, Fibre no. And terrible customer service.

Talk talk "let us go" to Fleur Telecom because we are rural and in Talk talk's words anything rural "weren't making us enough money" We had been paying £32.00 with fleur for landline rental,pathetic speed broadband and week end and evening calls.(The calls we never used 'cos used to using mobiles).
Now just changing to EE for everything My mobile with EE was costing average£36.00 per month because i went over data.NOW with EE package for £62.00 I get Landline rental.Evening and week end calls.Broadband (which is subject to BT's copper wire speeds!!!)A wi fi roaming box to use anywere and a "pixi"tablet works out £6.00 cheaper than what rubbish I was getting...

TalkTalk are consistently voted the worse broadband provider, Year on year, I doubt anything has changed, I'd avoid like the plague.

I joined Talktalk 5 months. Since then I have had a delay in installation. Which was annoying but they eventually got me connected. Then last month I had no phone or broadband for 2 weeks before a engineer came and fixed the issue. Since then the internet randomly drops for 5-10 minutes at random times a day. I have my kids running down stairs complaining that they can't play online games as it is says there is no internet connection. When checking router internet light is just red and stays there for about 10 minutes then goes green. You can then continue using however it will only be a matter of a few hours before it goes red again. Also I got the 76mb package and only get about 30mb using a wired connection. Talktalk say that's normal.

I've been with Talktalk and have had no issues over the past 18 months. Been as good as gold so to speak.

Been with talktalk since they were Pipex. Always seem to me offer discount when comes to renewal price. Hardly ever have problems. Definitely recommend. Pay £30 for fibre medium and anytime calls. I think there are members here on the same package for less and with mobile calls inclusive.

I had fibre large with TT when i was with them last year. Service and speed wise they were good, but I had my own vdsl router and equipment.

slow and crap, avoid

Absolutely **** dreadful. Internet regularly cuts out, even when it doesn't it's much slower than advertised. Support staff are rude and useless. TalkTalk supplied us with faulty Powerline adapters that didn't work from the off, support blamed us and we had to buy new ones. Seriously, with things like online services, just pay the money for the more expensive but more dependable providers. I've found virgin to be the best, prompt fixes, rapid speed all the time, good routers and just overall they seem to look after you a bit more.

RuudBullit

Make sure you regularly check the speed you're getting. My speed … Make sure you regularly check the speed you're getting. My speed gradually slowed, until eventually I was paying for 'up to 75mb' and receiving less than 10. Their customer service and complaints department are utterly appalling. In their T&C's, it says in my case, they have 30 days to rectify the issue, if they can't sort it, your contract with them is void and you are free to move providers without penalty. It took 4 months and over 50 phone calls for me to get them to release me from my contract. Then after I moved to BT, they hounded me for 12 months for the remainder of my contract, even though I had it in writing that no monies were due. I'm sure a lot of people have no issues with TALKTALK, but they are a remarkably poor company to deal with if you do have an issue.

Echo this in terms of CS skills... there are none from TT. Got 76mb fibre and the internets good for me, always over 50mb+ generally. Just when there's an issue, they are bad at sorting these on the phone as they read from scripts!

All providers have issues. Been with most of them. Now on TT fibre since last year and I've got no complaints. The rest of my mob in the house are all happy too. So far so good.

worst company for customer service and the staff are very dishonest especially the mobile staff.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's this on my neighbours roof?910
    2. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit57
    3. Foo fighters presale code.98
    4. Is there an official Disability ID card ?1531

See more discussions