Groups

is the 3 year rrod warranty set in stone ?

My mate has given me a console with rrod with a mfr dat of 2006-09-26 grrrr

16 Comments

yes if you have to enter serial in for RMA/ Service

it's 3 years from purchase date which is obviously some time after manufacture date.
    Does he have the original receipt?

It might be worth a call anyway, they can only say no.

Original Poster

dontasciime;6577511

yes if you have to enter serial in for RMA/ Service

oh well i shall have a go at fixing it then :roll:

Original Poster

Bobbajob;6577524

it's 3 years from purchase date which is obviously some time after … it's 3 years from purchase date which is obviously some time after manufacture date.Does he have the original receipt?It might be worth a call anyway, they can only say no.

well his mum gave it to me today as he is in hospital with swine flu so i cant ask, do you need proof of purchase date or could i just lie ? :w00t:

Unlucky. Both on the console and your mate.

Try registering the console online anyway and see if you can send it for repair without charge? Wouldn't hurt right?

What you could try to do is call Microsoft and explain to them that you got the console second hand and it Red Ringed on you - I know someone who did and they extended his warranty by a year and sent UPS to pick it up to be repaired - however this could just of course been an individual circumstance.

What you could consider is having it repaired by a third-party store - I don't know of any but I'm sure there is something like that which exists.

Good luck.

Original Poster

this is what it says on there website after ive just registered

Although your device may be out of warranty, it may still qualify for a no-cost repair if you are experiencing Three Flashing Red Lights or the E74 error message and are within three years of the original purchase date of the console.

**NOTE**
    If you choose ‘Yes’ above, we will confirm that a general hardware failure associated with Three Flashing Lights or the E74 error message has occurred on your console upon receipt. If this cannot be confirmed, we may return the console to you unrepaired.

if i send it off can they then try and bill me because i dont have any proof of purchase ??

leemole101;6577686

this is what it says on there website after ive just registeredAlthough … this is what it says on there website after ive just registeredAlthough your device may be out of warranty, it may still qualify for a no-cost repair if you are experiencing Three Flashing Red Lights or the E74 error message and are within three years of the original purchase date of the console.**NOTE**If you choose ‘Yes’ above, we will confirm that a general hardware failure associated with Three Flashing Lights or the E74 error message has occurred on your console upon receipt. If this cannot be confirmed, we may return the console to you unrepaired.if i send it off can they then try and bill me because i dont have any proof of purchase ??

THEY WILL NOT BILL YOU.

Just do it worth a try.

They will never bill you they will just send it unrepaired as it states

leemole101;6577686

this is what it says on there website after ive just registeredAlthough … this is what it says on there website after ive just registeredAlthough your device may be out of warranty, it may still qualify for a no-cost repair if you are experiencing Three Flashing Red Lights or the E74 error message and are within three years of the original purchase date of the console.**NOTE**If you choose ‘Yes’ above, we will confirm that a general hardware failure associated with Three Flashing Lights or the E74 error message has occurred on your console upon receipt. If this cannot be confirmed, we may return the console to you unrepaired.if i send it off can they then try and bill me because i dont have any proof of purchase ??

No they would not bill you ,they would just send it back unrepaired. Send it in it's worth a try i have bought an xbox before and the man date was 6 months prior to the date i purchased it,say this was the case with you. They can only say no.

Original Poster

i just rang them and they said its fine happy days thx all

rep left too

Good news, welcome to the world of Xbox...

Original Poster

Bobbajob;6577922

Good news, welcome to the world of Xbox...

I've already got one, he was gonna chuck it in the bin till i said i would have it. so ive just let him know MS are sending a new one so he can have that :gift:

leemole101;6577532

oh well i shall have a go at fixing it then :roll:

No don't try and fix it. just enter serial in to register and see what they say.

leemole101;6577962

I've already got one, he was gonna chuck it in the bin till i said i … I've already got one, he was gonna chuck it in the bin till i said i would have it. so ive just let him know MS are sending a new one so he can have that :gift:

wot did u say to them? i wanna get a second hand 360 but afraid if the RROD appears MS will ask for receipt

Original Poster

killabyte;6579550

wot did u say to them? i wanna get a second hand 360 but afraid if the … wot did u say to them? i wanna get a second hand 360 but afraid if the RROD appears MS will ask for receipt

they didnt ask for one i just said that it had got rrod and it was just out of warranty, although i did say i brought it around xmas 2006 :whistling:

leemole101;6579881

they didnt ask for one i just said that it had got rrod and it was just … they didnt ask for one i just said that it had got rrod and it was just out of warranty, although i did say i brought it around xmas 2006 :whistling:

would it be worth gettin a second hand 360 then?

Original Poster

killabyte;6589953

would it be worth gettin a second hand 360 then?

still a risk, for the sake of £120 odd id buy a new one :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Outdoor security camera.11
      2. 4K tv with HDR good deal?22
      3. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50011
      4. Cheap northface alternatives?33

See more discussions