Groups

Is the 3G Iphone actually any good?

Dont know why but am tempted to get the Iphone but was wondering is it actually any good?

Reviews please

14 Comments

Original Poster

is it much better than the 2G?

There are loads of phones better then the iphone in features wise lol. Even though the iphone is my favourite phone but thats just preference. The thing i like about the iphone is the browser. Many other phones as good or in some peoples eyes better then the iphone such as the n95 8gb, HTC touch. It all depends on what type of phone YOU want.

In regards to your question its only better if you use 3g and gps.

Original Poster

im looking for a phone that is good for internet while im away with work alot thats bout it at the min

Banned

I was tempted but heard the texting was a real faff .. I will stick to my nokia luna

And the luna's better for texting? lol

The texting is so daym easy once u get used to it only takes a few mins to work out.

If your looking to use the internet then i'd recommend buying the iphone coz its the best at doing that but remember it doesnt support flash but looking at websites they may even add that in.

Original Poster

i did try to text on it and thats the one and only problem i have which sucks as i text alot to keep up with oh when im away lol

Banned

MarzBarz;3168755

And the luna's better for texting? lolThe texting is so daym easy once u … And the luna's better for texting? lolThe texting is so daym easy once u get used to it only takes a few mins to work out.If your looking to use the internet then i'd recommend buying the iphone coz its the best at doing that but remember it doesnt support flash but looking at websites they may even add that in.

yes actually but there again after 3 texts I am bored.. my luna is a phone plain and simple and cant fault it , but I have always had nokia`s

allstar2;3168758

i did try to text on it and thats the one and only problem i have which … i did try to text on it and thats the one and only problem i have which sucks as i text alot to keep up with oh when im away lol

you can turn off the auto complete if you are one that has to abreviate everything.

Qwerty keyboard on texting rocks, and if you are in a 3G area, then the internet is propper fast and i love it!

With the last update making the 3G signal soooooooooooooo much better, I havent had an area that isnt connected yet, but using the mrs 2G one on EDGE was a little painfull but still did the trick.

:thumbsup:

(you still got that other PSP?)

Original Poster

thanks all will def have to look into get an Iphone

yes i still have the psp mate

allstar2;3168816

thanks all will def have to look into get an Iphoneyes i still have the … thanks all will def have to look into get an Iphoneyes i still have the psp mate

Let me get myself sorted (not been at home for a couple of weeks) then I will sort it for you if you still need.

Sorry I have been so sloooooooooow.

Original Poster

no its ok i have been away quite a bit with work so there is no rush

Really depends on what you're looking for, compared to a proper smartphone the Iphone is little more than a fashion device especially as they didn't correct most of the flaws from the 2G version.

John

Banned

Johnmcl7;3168930

Really depends on what you're looking for, compared to a proper … Really depends on what you're looking for, compared to a proper smartphone the Iphone is little more than a fashion device especially as they didn't correct most of the flaws from the 2G version.

Agreed. The phone flatters to decieve IMHO. I won't argue that the phone looks nice and has a great GUI. However 3G reception is flawed, the GPS is pretty useless and proprietry software (unless you invalidate the warrenty and jailbreak) makes it very user unfriendly.

i have an xda ignito and i love it

tiny compared to the iphone but stacked with features
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions