Is the Amazon Fire HD 10 for £150 the best large budget tablet to go for?

Found 8th Jan
Hi there - I'm after a large screen budget tablet for web-surfing and for introducing our toddlers to computing.

Would people recommend the Fire 10, or is there something better out there for simnilar money?

Thanks a lot for any help.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments
Amazon tablets are really good, but its best to wait for a promotion... We bought the 8" one for £39 a while back when it was on promotion. They are build rock solid!

However, for myself, after Xmas, I bought a Samsung Tab A 10.1 from Tesco for £160 when they had the £20 off code and its really good as its thinner and a lot more elegant (Its now £179 at varios retailers). Also its has access to Google Play rather than the Amazon App store so you get a whole load more apps.
Edited by: "tmohammad" 8th Jan
I picked one up from the sale for £100 and it's excellent. I'd have likely paid the extra £50 too if I'd have missed the sale. With a few little tweaks such as changing launcher and installing the playstore it's a solid solid tablet and reader.
Yes. For the money.. Camera ain't great but who cares
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Yeah - won't be using the camera, @wayners !

@tmohammad - thanks for the sale heads-up. I might add it to my wishlist and see if it gets reduced.

In terms of adding the playstore - I read about this, but wasn't sure if it was a sure fire way to introduce malkware on tho the tablet. Do you have a link to a safe way to do it, @chantelle310
Garnett3 h, 22 m ago

Thanks for the replies. Yeah - won't be using the camera, @wayners …Thanks for the replies. Yeah - won't be using the camera, @wayners !@tmohammad - thanks for the sale heads-up. I might add it to my wishlist and see if it gets reduced.In terms of adding the playstore - I read about this, but wasn't sure if it was a sure fire way to introduce malkware on tho the tablet. Do you have a link to a safe way to do it, @chantelle310

I'll dig the info out I used when I get home and on a better Internet connection. Just made sure I gave the files a scan with an antivirus before installing plus made sure I followed the instruction of someone with a decent youtube rep. I've had no issues and it was easier to do than I expected.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants