Is the Corsair TX750W still worth it in 2016?

14 replies
Found 6th Nov 2016
(not the modular v2) it has all modern connectors and stuff, just not silver bronze or gold, just 80plus.

1. Ask
  2. Corsair
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Corsair
13 Comments

Original Poster

A very good quality psu just depends what price you can get it for.

Original Poster

timlee79

A very good quality psu just depends what price you can get it for.

​friend has one for 30 quid

Original Poster

abzycar

​friend has one for 30 quid

​wait that's the wrong one this is the right one

Original Poster

sorry I mean corsair.com/en-…50w that one I linked you to the v2

tx650v1 is fsp but the tx650v2 is seasonic internals, not sure with the tx750 but I would check who built the psu for corsair. If it's seasonic buy it, if fsp walk away.

If you find out it has CWT internals then definitely walk away. Remember corsair don't make PSUs, they only source from manufacturers and it's hit and miss to be honest.

Original Poster

kester76

If you find out it has CWT internals then definitely walk away. Remember … If you find out it has CWT internals then definitely walk away. Remember corsair don't make PSUs, they only source from manufacturers and it's hit and miss to be honest.

​how do I find this out

CMPSU-750TXV2 == good Seasonic others are either Chicony Power Technology or CWT Channel Well Technology which is not so good.
Always confused me why people take out the space between Sea Sonic but I'm not one to buck the trend

Original Poster

kester76

CMPSU-750TXV2 == good Seasonic others are either Chicony Power Technology … CMPSU-750TXV2 == good Seasonic others are either Chicony Power Technology or CWT Channel Well Technology which is not so good.Always confused me why people take out the space between Sea Sonic but I'm not one to buck the trend

Someone offered me a Rm650x but it's made by CWT, but I've seen loads of good reviews

abzycar

Someone offered me a Rm650x but it's made by CWT, but I've seen loads of … Someone offered me a Rm650x but it's made by CWT, but I've seen loads of good reviews

Bronze vs Gold though. Most top tier PSUs are very good but it's the budget versions you need to be aware of, the shortcuts and price reduction that causes this issue. It's pretty much how cheap will you go. Is the construction quality the same across the range or is there a big difference with components and soldering taking a big dive.

I bought a Fractal Design 650W Edison M PSU from scan for £65. This mostly retails for around £90 mark so it was a good deal for a gold rated Seasonic PSU. It's cheap because they used a 120mm fan instead of a 140mm so it's slightly louder but I was aware of that and the internals are pretty top notch.
techpowerup.com/rev…0W/

Have a look between the RM650X and RM650. The original 650 had low quality caps but if you didn't know this then you would end up with lower grade PSU. Caps aren't that expensive and cutting costs like that is just nuts, one of the reasons I dislike creative for decided audio grade caps weren't required on their mid end cards.

Original Poster

kester76

Bronze vs Gold though. Most top tier PSUs are very good but it's the … Bronze vs Gold though. Most top tier PSUs are very good but it's the budget versions you need to be aware of, the shortcuts and price reduction that causes this issue. It's pretty much how cheap will you go. Is the construction quality the same across the range or is there a big difference with components and soldering taking a big dive. I bought a Fractal Design 650W Edison M PSU from scan for £65. This mostly retails for around £90 mark so it was a good deal for a gold rated Seasonic PSU. It's cheap because they used a 120mm fan instead of a 140mm so it's slightly louder but I was aware of that and the internals are pretty top notch.https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Fractal_Design/Edison_M_650W/Have a look between the RM650X and RM650. The original 650 had low quality caps but if you didn't know this then you would end up with lower grade PSU. Caps aren't that expensive and cutting costs like that is just nuts, one of the reasons I dislike creative for decided audio grade caps weren't required on their mid end cards.

I bought this (there were 2 available, thats the exact same listing) and according to that link this one is Seasonic!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18206624
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769188
    3. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault11
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427214624

See more discussions