Groups
    EXPIRED

is the kurio 7s tablet any good?

i'm looking to get one for my daughter and i'm not sure whether it's good or just mediocre. currently available in argos for £79.99 if you know any way to get it cheaper please do let me know. thanks.

7 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone at all?

I looked into it as a Christmas present bud decided against it - I personally think the tablets aimed for children, are just too "kiddy". I paid an extra £30 and got a hudl2 (with a voucher).

Original Poster

kjcoolcat

I looked into it as a Christmas present bud decided against it - I … I looked into it as a Christmas present bud decided against it - I personally think the tablets aimed for children, are just too "kiddy". I paid an extra £30 and got a hudl2 (with a voucher).

In not worried it's going to be too kiddie if I'm honest just want to understand if the specs are good for the price as I don't understand what makes a good tablet and there's barely any reviews out there. But thank you very much for your reply. We are also looking at the hudl2 but she's quite small still and mainly watches videos on it. But I've got a 6 year old that will use it too. It's all so confusing!!!

adhkarzf

In not worried it's going to be too kiddie if I'm honest just want to … In not worried it's going to be too kiddie if I'm honest just want to understand if the specs are good for the price as I don't understand what makes a good tablet and there's barely any reviews out there. But thank you very much for your reply. We are also looking at the hudl2 but she's quite small still and mainly watches videos on it. But I've got a 6 year old that will use it too. It's all so confusing!!!

They're all similar so it can seem confusing. The main differences are screen size, memory, and operating system. I'm sure the kurio 7 is fine for kids and does what you want - I decided against it as my 5 yr old is used to an iPad so if his tablet is slow to respond for instance, he'll soon get frustrated with it (and he's not having his own iPad!). I also thought the whole family could use the hudl too, so it's more of an "all rounder", and a bit more future proof than the kurio.

Original Poster

Thank you kjcoolcat for taking the time to answer. It's like a minefield if you don't know what to look for. Currently have the Google nexus 7 for the older boys but they can't use it with the little one in the room as she just takes over lol so they have to hide around the house and use it.

adhkarzf

Thank you kjcoolcat for taking the time to answer. It's like a minefield … Thank you kjcoolcat for taking the time to answer. It's like a minefield if you don't know what to look for. Currently have the Google nexus 7 for the older boys but they can't use it with the little one in the room as she just takes over lol so they have to hide around the house and use it.

The nexus 7 is a great tablet actually.

If you look on here, you can compare 2 tablets easily. Type into the search bar on there kurios 7 v hudl2 (obviously you type in the ones you want to compare), and it will show the pro's and cons for which is better (better screen,weight,camera,price,memory etc.etc..)

If you compare a few against the nexus 7 you will see how they compare to something you're familiar with, then when you have a few you like, you can start comparing them against each other.

If they are only going to be used by the kids, then this might be a bit overkill - but it will always buy the best product I can afford at the time.
    Edited by: "kjcoolcat" 20th Dec 2014

Original Poster

Thank you kjcoolcat ever so much
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)911
      2. Recommend a free reminder app46
      3. which site is best to buy Xiaomi?67
      4. BT Sport Vs SkySports11

See more discussions