Expired

Is the Love Your Body card from The Body Shop worth it?

Found 7th Nov 2012
I am wondering on whether to get a Love Your Body card from TBS, but am wondering whether it is worth it, if I mainly by online?

I know of the discounts and the things it offers, but I also have heard that some glitches or codes don't apply to the card at times.

Anyone got one that uses it online and / or instore and knows which is the better discount and worth the £5 annual fee?
Community Updates
19 Comments
If you shop at the body shop often I would say it doesn't hurt to get it. At the very least you get a £5 gift on your birthday so that kinda pays you back for the card, anything else is pure benefit.
No, body shop always have 20% off and sometimes 50% off online vouchers for free x
not at all!
Original Poster
Jaestar69

If you shop at the body shop often I would say it doesn't hurt to get it. … If you shop at the body shop often I would say it doesn't hurt to get it. At the very least you get a £5 gift on your birthday so that kinda pays you back for the card, anything else is pure benefit.

I tend to do about 30 online transactions a year, but many are because items have been mis-priced and someone on here has posted it. As for the gift, yea I thought that but do you know what the gift actually is?

emilypam3la

No, body shop always have 20% off and sometimes 50% off online vouchers … No, body shop always have 20% off and sometimes 50% off online vouchers for free x

Is that purely for LYB cardholders? or for non-cardholders too?
Original Poster
realblender

No definately not worth it

hasj2

not at all!

Why?
I think it's worth it if you shop in-store. You get 10% off everything, plus sometimes they do extra offers - earlier this year if you spent £5 you were allowed to choose any item of up to £15 for free. I only spent about 4.50 in the end because of the discount and then I chose my favourite perfume worth £12 for free

You also get stamps on your card for every transaction over £10 which I don't think you can get online. Every 5 stamps you get £5 for free to spend on anything you like, then again when you reach 10 stamps. Plus you also get your birthday gift - which is again, anything for £5 - it is not a preselected item so you can pick whatever you like. You also get a £10 off £25 pound voucher every time you spend over £10 in-store for next time, on top of the 10% card discount. I also like the experience of shopping there, as the shop assistants often help you choose products and you can sample everything before you buy it

Edited by: "munchkins14" 7th Nov 2012
Mine expired a year ago yet I still get the 10% member discount online. Not that it does much good as I only really shop with vouchers and they tend to render the member discount null and void.

If I was to shop much in their actual stores then I'd probably renew but don't think it's worth it for online only.
Original Poster
munchkins14

I think it's worth it if you shop in-store. You get 10% off everything, … I think it's worth it if you shop in-store. You get 10% off everything, plus sometimes they do extra offers - earlier this year if you spent £5 you were allowed to choose any item of up to £15 for free. I only spent about 4.50 in the end because of the discount and then I chose my favourite perfume worth £12 for free :)You also get stamps on your card for every transaction over £10 which I don't think you can get online. Every 5 stamps you get £5 for free to spend on anything you like, then again when you reach 10 stamps. Plus you also get your birthday gift - which is again, anything for £5 - it is not a preselected item so you can pick whatever you like. You also get a £10 off £25 pound voucher every time you spend over £10 in-store for next time, on top of the 10% card discount. I also like the experience of shopping there, as the shop assistants often help you choose products and you can sample everything before you buy it

Thank you for that, it was very insightful :). The discounts you mentioned you get in store, does that also apply to reduced items, as I go pass my local and they have several reduced items? And an extra 10% of that is very appealing to me.

The birthday gift is that one thing below £5 or several things and does that include reduced or items on sale? Sorry for the questions, its just I'm thinking of joining and won't be able to speak to a member of staff until next week about the finer details.

Thanks again
Original Poster
Hissy Miss

Mine expired a year ago yet I still get the 10% member discount online. … Mine expired a year ago yet I still get the 10% member discount online. Not that it does much good as I only really shop with vouchers and they tend to render the member discount null and void.If I was to shop much in their actual stores then I'd probably renew but don't think it's worth it for online only.

Lucky you and that is what I have been hearing that the vouchers and codes you can get online just cancel out the voucher discount. I'm thinking of getting one and going in store more to see what I can get as well as shopping online too....I just need more money.
I might have a spare card, if I do then you can use the number ...PM me on Friday when I'll be able to have a look.
Original Poster
sickly sweet

I might have a spare card, if I do then you can use the number ...PM me … I might have a spare card, if I do then you can use the number ...PM me on Friday when I'll be able to have a look.

But isn't the number assigned to the address you used to get it?
I don't have a card anymore but when I did...because the card isn't stamped for online orders, I would keep the receipt in my bag and whenever I was passing a store (reasonably soon after receiveing an online order) I would take the receipt to the counter and they would stamp my card and make a note on the receipt.
i had it twice; but since the body shop outlet opened in ashford it isnt worth it as u get a better discount there

yes it pays for itself with the birthday thing; but u only get the 10% off if u spend £10 and u only get £5 if u spend £10 and £10 off if u spend £20 - as im not a big body shop fan i really struggled and bought crap to get my 'discounts'

fool!!
Original Poster
Jaestar69

I don't have a card anymore but when I did...because the card isn't … I don't have a card anymore but when I did...because the card isn't stamped for online orders, I would keep the receipt in my bag and whenever I was passing a store (reasonably soon after receiveing an online order) I would take the receipt to the counter and they would stamp my card and make a note on the receipt.

Thank you for that, I wasn't aware that they stamped your online orders to, do they give you any vouchers in store for using online and meeting a certain amount?
I'm not sure about the vouchers, I can't recall getting any instore

Thank you for that, it was very insightful :). The discounts you … Thank you for that, it was very insightful :). The discounts you mentioned you get in store, does that also apply to reduced items, as I go pass my local and they have several reduced items? And an extra 10% of that is very appealing to me.The birthday gift is that one thing below £5 or several things and does that include reduced or items on sale? Sorry for the questions, its just I'm thinking of joining and won't be able to speak to a member of staff until next week about the finer details.Thanks again

That's okay! I'm glad I could be of some help I believe the 10% discount does include reduced items, as does the birthday gift - they take away 10% from the whole total so for example, if you spent £30 on sale items and non-sale items, you would still get £3 off (according to my last receipt anyway!)

I'm not sure if you can have multiple things for the £5 gift - usually I just say I will have a look around and find something around £5, but I imagine they might let you have multiple things if you ask

As magicbeans said you do have to spend over £10 to get the £10 off £25 voucher, but I think the card is worth getting as it does pay for itself with the birthday gift even if you only use it the once, that's what my mum did last year so that she got 10% off some christmas presents she was buying then she chose a free hand cream in July for her birthday gift - she didn't even know she got a free gift until I told her You still get 10% off whether you spend £1 or £10 though, I think they are mixing that up with the stamps - you only get a stamp if you spend over £10 (I forgot to mention that!)

Maybe if you are only an occasional buyer then it would be better to shop online and then take the receipts in store instead. I didn't know you could do that - I might ask about that next time if my store will also do that for me too

Also a lot of the codes online are usually able to be used in-store too (currently there is a £25 off £50 shop code that you can use online and in-store, which is perfect if you are looking to buy christmas presents) so it seems like you can take advantage of most offers all of the time online or in-store

I'm sorry for the lengthy reply, I like the Body Shop a lot!
Edited by: "munchkins14" 14th Nov 2012
Original Poster
munchkins14

That's okay! I'm glad I could be of some help I believe the 10% … That's okay! I'm glad I could be of some help I believe the 10% discount does include reduced items, as does the birthday gift - they take away 10% from the whole total so for example, if you spent £30 on sale items and non-sale items, you would still get £3 off (according to my last receipt anyway!)I'm not sure if you can have multiple things for the £5 gift - usually I just say I will have a look around and find something around £5, but I imagine they might let you have multiple things if you ask :)As magicbeans said you do have to spend over £10 to get the £10 off £25 voucher, but I think the card is worth getting as it does pay for itself with the birthday gift even if you only use it the once, that's what my mum did last year so that she got 10% off some christmas presents she was buying then she chose a free hand cream in July for her birthday gift - she didn't even know she got a free gift until I told her You still get 10% off whether you spend £1 or £10 though, I think they are mixing that up with the stamps - you only get a stamp if you spend over £10 (I forgot to mention that!) Maybe if you are only an occasional buyer then it would be better to shop online and then take the receipts in store instead. I didn't know you could do that - I might ask about that next time if my store will also do that for me too :)Also a lot of the codes online are usually able to be used in-store too (currently there is a £25 off £50 shop code that you can use online and in-store, which is perfect if you are looking to buy christmas presents) so it seems like you can take advantage of most offers all of the time online or in-store :)I'm sorry for the lengthy reply, I like the Body Shop a lot!

aww thank you so much for the information, I really do appreciate it, you have helped me out alot. I have decided to get the card but will wait when I order online and the delivery is free as I like to get cashback and I don't think you can get it via quidco for store pick up? But, nonetheless, I am grateful you left such a long and informative message.
Hi
How do i use my loyalty card online please? i only got it before christmas and not ordered online yet. Thanks donna
Original Poster
diamondgirl1983

HiHow do i use my loyalty card online please? i only got it before … HiHow do i use my loyalty card online please? i only got it before christmas and not ordered online yet. Thanks donna

Hi, although I have not used mine in over a year, I am asure you just register it on your account. Log in and there should be a Love Your Body tab, where you can enter your card number. From then, I am sure it will automatically be added to any orders you make, giving you the necessary discounts.

I hope that helps, sorry I couldn't remember more.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants