Groups

Is the wheel on my car going to drop off?

Had a slat type when i got to work today so on my lunch break i changed it for the spare in the boot.

After work i went to drive it and it was making a significant clunking sound when i drove it around. So i phoned my dad and he suggested i hadn't tightened all the bolts right and it might be wonky.. took it off and did it properly, still making the sound.

Then i noticed the spare is actually bigger than the other wheels (but thinner). So drove it home with the clunking, am i good to drive it to and from work again tomorrow do oyu think? whats the noise? lol. Ive tried google but cant find anything.

Btw its the rear passenger wheel on an R-reg saxo.

16 Comments

On some cars the spare is only temporary wheel. You should be ok when you get the other one repaired.

might not be balanced, if so just get your other replaced asap. the spare is maybe just an emergencey wheel and just ment to get you to a garage

Original Poster

Predikuesi;4561729

On some cars the spare is only temporary wheel. You should be ok when you … On some cars the spare is only temporary wheel. You should be ok when you get the other one repaired.

That's what i thought, its going to be replaced tommorow. I just don't want to do any long term damage to the car, the clunking noise can't be healthy. lol

Banned

Titchimp;4561756

That's what i thought, its going to be replaced tommorow. I just don't … That's what i thought, its going to be replaced tommorow. I just don't want to do any long term damage to the car, the clunking noise can't be healthy. lol

get a man to do it

Original Poster

lumoruk;4561790

get a man to do it

I am a man. :thumbsup:

Titchimp;4561797

I am a man. :thumbsup:

a real man :thumbsup:

Original Poster

leemole101;4561808

a real man :thumbsup:

Oh right, someone who swears alot and doesnt ask questions.

Banned

Titchimp;4561834

If you're worried about it ring your break down service, just say sorry I changed it but I've got a stupid clunking noise that was worrying me.

btw what man rings their dad? I wouldn't know though I've had to learn everything myself not having a dad since I was 9.

If you have aftermarket alloy wheels theres a possibility theres a spigot ring still attached to the hub. Its like a little plastic circle that might stop the spare from fitting correctly....

Banned

jtx;4561887

If you have aftermarket alloy wheels theres a possibility theres a spigot … If you have aftermarket alloy wheels theres a possibility theres a spigot ring still attached to the hub. Its like a little plastic circle that might stop the spare from fitting correctly....

ah yeah good spot, will be covered in black soot so looks like it's attached to the hub :thumbsup:

Original Poster

jtx;4561887

If you have aftermarket alloy wheels theres a possibility theres a spigot … If you have aftermarket alloy wheels theres a possibility theres a spigot ring still attached to the hub. Its like a little plastic circle that might stop the spare from fitting correctly....

Interesting. I think the alloys came standard on the car, that might be an issue though.

Titchimp;4561834

yea and use a hammer to fix everything

Banned

What's a slat tyre?

Original Poster

DLM;4562676

What's a slat tyre?

*flat

Banned

Titchimp;4562759

*flat

I know, just joking.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DLM;4562764

I know, just joking.Good Luck :thumbsup:

I'll need it :P
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …186478
      2. Your dream gaming set up?1635
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846292
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1848

See more discussions