Is the Wii Region Free

Hi Is the Wii Region locked at all? Can i buy a US Wii and play with UK games? Can i buy a european Wii and play UK games?

Thanks

6 Comments

Wii isn't region free

You cannot play UK games on a US wii and vice versa.

You can with European

Its all about the PAL and NTSC

As Deal4Me said!

Original Poster

So i can play uk games on a european Wii. I am going spain in two weeks, would anyone advise to buy a european Wii? is it cheaper?

there is 1 method which includes "modding" the wii, and you can also play other types of games 2 not just region free ;-)

kk_cheung

there is 1 method which includes "modding" the wii, and you can also play … there is 1 method which includes "modding" the wii, and you can also play other types of games 2 not just region free ;-)

thought playing wrong regioned games on a modded wii could brick your wii, ie when a NTSC game updates on a PAL wii it causes it to go tits up

only what i've heard, don't really want to risk it with mine

rmp4

So i can play uk games on a european Wii. I am going spain in two weeks, … So i can play uk games on a european Wii. I am going spain in two weeks, would anyone advise to buy a european Wii? is it cheaper?

the UK and euro ones are the same - it is about the same price everywhere though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764052
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846105
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2131
    4. Pink Balls510

See more discussions