Groups

is the Witcher 3 collectors edition worth £85?

I can get the Witcher 3 collectors edition new for £85 and want to know if it's worth the money? I have never played a Witcher game, but it has appealed to me since lunch. The soulsborne series are my favourite games so based on that do you think I would enjoy the Witcher 3?

15 Comments

Well, if I didn't already own the game I'd be buying it at that price, given the opportunity - though the statue hasn't had the best of feedback from some.

only you can answer if its worth £85 to you

The Souls games are my favourite games... I loved Witcher 3... but they are completely different. Souls for gameplay, Witcher 3 for story. Without the story Witcher 3 would be average.

picked up a copy of witcher 3 for £10, cant complain, will keep me occupied for a few months. By then the GOTY should have dropped in price.

I'd give it a bit longer if it's only appealed to you since lunch, see how you feel at breakfast tomorrow.

Original Poster

Illusionary

Well, if I didn't already own the game I'd be buying it at that price, … Well, if I didn't already own the game I'd be buying it at that price, given the opportunity - though the statue hasn't had the best of feedback from some.

It is an appealing price, especially considering the price they fetch on eBay! It was more the quality of the items etc! I understand it's a very large collectors box! Oh really, I've heard many say it's one of the best statues to come from a collectors edition!

Original Poster

Bo0td

The Souls games are my favourite games... I loved Witcher 3... but they … The Souls games are my favourite games... I loved Witcher 3... but they are completely different. Souls for gameplay, Witcher 3 for story. Without the story Witcher 3 would be average.

Which did you enjoy playing through the most?

Original Poster

adamspencer95

only you can answer if its worth £85 to you

That's very true! If the collectors items are worth that much and are good quality then I would say yes but if not the goty edition for £32 sounds like the better way forward!

Original Poster

thecoolguy

picked up a copy of witcher 3 for £10, cant complain, will keep me … picked up a copy of witcher 3 for £10, cant complain, will keep me occupied for a few months. By then the GOTY should have dropped in price.

Bloody hell a tenner is good! How are you liking it so far?(if you've started it)

Original Poster

AngryEnglishman

I'd give it a bit longer if it's only appealed to you since lunch, see … I'd give it a bit longer if it's only appealed to you since lunch, see how you feel at breakfast tomorrow.

Well I must say, after my supper I'm feeling more positive towards the idea but yeah I'll wait till breakfast just to be certain!

thecoolguy

picked up a copy of witcher 3 for £10, cant complain, will keep me … picked up a copy of witcher 3 for £10, cant complain, will keep me occupied for a few months. By then the GOTY should have dropped in price.

​Apparently, saves don't carry over, if that was what you were thinking, though couldn't tell you first hand for sure

yarkiebrown

​Apparently, saves don't carry over, if that was what you were thinking, t … ​Apparently, saves don't carry over, if that was what you were thinking, though couldn't tell you first hand for sure

Hi saves do carry over, there was a small glitch at first where it didn't but that bug has now been sorted

rowley0103

Bloody hell a tenner is good! How are you liking it so far?(if you've … Bloody hell a tenner is good! How are you liking it so far?(if you've started it)

Played for about 10 hours now or so, thoroughly enjoying it. I can see it lasting me till around Christmas in terms of content.

thecoolguy

Hi saves do carry over, there was a small glitch at first where it didn't … Hi saves do carry over, there was a small glitch at first where it didn't but that bug has now been sorted

Are you sure?

playstationlifestyle.net/201…es/

rowley0103

Which did you enjoy playing through the most?

Souls or Witcher, or which Souls game? Tough question either way. Not sure I really have an answer. The world design of DS1 was incredible, but DS2 probably played a little better, loved DS3 and I'm currently looking forward to the DLC. Bloodborne was great fun, but the DLC boss was a pain, I hadn't played the game for a while and was under recommended level.

The Witcher games are just so different, much more relaxed and story rich, full (I mean reaaaaaaaaaally full) of side quests, lots of humour.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions