Is theflixterminal.com legit?

Found 4th Feb 2016
Just saw this on Yahoo and I think it's free sign up (till end of today?) and offers access to loads of movies (including mad men judging by one comment).
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
What do you mean legit,do you mean is it legal
Quick google says scam
And they want payment details on signing up
Never heard of them before either
Looks like they are registered in spain ?
Original Poster

Thought so. It said they are offering free sign ups to start to get noticed against the likes of netflix. Thanks.

Bradleigh

Quick google says scamAnd they want payment details on signing upNever … Quick google says scamAnd they want payment details on signing upNever heard of them before eitherLooks like they are registered in spain ?

Ask yourself these questions .....
1. How can they afford to give away free registrations? How will they pay the royalties/fees to the Studios and Film companies?
2. Why do they need payment details at all if the service is free?
3. Why do we only hear about this on the day that "free" registration stops? To deny us time to think or adequately check the deal out perhaps?

All the hallmarks of a scam to me!
It’s not free, after five days your card will be charged for premium membership which is $15 more than normal membership. You will essentially be charged $15 for your five ” free days” Doh!!

PRICES
Membership Name: Price: Rebill Frequency: Free Trial:
Premium $49.95 1 Month Yes
6 Months $69.90 6 Months No
3 Months $50.85 3 Months No
1 Month $34.95 1 Month No

4. – SUBSCRIPTION AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
4.1 Subscription
When You signed up as an User in MyAccount, You will have a five (5) days period to enjoy for free a Service Subscription or as otherwise specified during sign-up. Your MyAccount Premium Subscription, will begin when successfully completing your payment details during the sign-up process, unless another membership is chosen after the payment details completion.

YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED INITIALLY WHEN YOU REGISTER ON YOUR MyAccount FOR THESE FIRST FIVE (5) DAYS. IN THIS REGARD, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR FREE SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION ACCORDING TO THE PROCEDURE SET FORTH IN CLAUSE 5 OF BELOW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

ONCE THE FIVE (5) DAYS PERIOD AFTER REGISTERING IN YOUR theflixterminal.com HAS ELAPSED AND YOU HAVE NOT CANCELLED THE SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION, THEN YOUR SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE RENEWED AUTOMATICALLY ON THE AGREED BASIS BILLED UPON REGISTRATION, UNTIL CANCELLED ACCORDING TO THE PROCEDURE SET FORTH IN CLAUSE 5 OF THE PRESENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS. The first five (5) days period shall not be additionally charged and You only shall be charged the agreed fee for Your first Subscription Period, which will start once the first five (5) days period from your registration has elapsed.

Please note the expiration date of such five (5) days period for Your records. You will not receive any notification from Us at the expiration of Your five (5) days period after registering on Your MyAccount.

Please be aware that by not cancelling and therefore renewing the Service Subscription, You authorize Us to charge You the applicable fee at the fees agreed in force for the Service Subscription at the time of hiring or any further amendment agreed by You, and any other charges You may incur in connection with Your use of the Service Subscription. If You choose to renew Your Service Subscription, there will be a recurring payment charge to Your bank account.

members.theflixterminal.com/terms
add disappeared from my inbox after i opened it ..........that never ever happened before, everything about this email is suspicious.
It looks like a scam to me. Just google netflix and see how many references come up. Do the same with theflixterminal and there is hardly any. Usually somebody will review it but theres NOthing. Scam written all over it!
If it looks too good to be true then it generally is.
This outfit is no exception.
Do your research - I did and its not for me.
citylimits

If it looks too good to be true then it generally is.This outfit is no … If it looks too good to be true then it generally is.This outfit is no exception.Do your research - I did and its not for me.

What about the comments below the offer,they had me fooled till I came here!
After you click on the cancel membership button you get a pop-up window offering you a fidelity membership. They don't tell you what that is but they promise premium content, high quality streaming, user friendly and 1,300 movies all for $1.99 a month. So from $69.99 (after all the fees they add on) to $1.99. Nothing sounds odd there. The service details are exactly the same as for the premium membership so for all I know they add the $1.99 to the $69.99.
Lucky escape I hope. Nearly fell for it. Cancelled straight away once I found this site. Thanks all
It's a scam! It's not free! My card was charged $49.99. On top of that , the movies they offer are terrible and there are no tv shows. Just the 300 movies they offer.
I didn't try it out. Maybe it is free, maybe it isn't. BUT, think about this. I saw the ad under a ComicBook.com blog sponsored by Revcontent. It was labeled "Say "Goodbye" to Netflix". I click on it. The first thing that had me like "Eh" was the fake a$$ picture at the top, but it sounded good...for a while. Then it just had to say that today (02/23/16) is the last day free sign ups were allowed, AND it's only for Tennessee users now for some reason (I live in TN). That is just way too convenient if you ask me. And reading the comments of others here saying they were on the last day that free sign ups could be made A MONTH AGO definitely makes the offer even more shady. It's probably only limited to wherever other people that looked at it live as well, wouldn't be surprised. So there's my reasons, and for me it's enough to just walk away.
Mikep614

It's a scam! It's not free! My card was charged $49.99. On top of that , … It's a scam! It's not free! My card was charged $49.99. On top of that , the movies they offer are terrible and there are no tv shows. Just the 300 movies they offer.

I agree - the same thing happened to me more than a month after the supposed free period had ended. Their movie selection SUCKS!!! Try select "Latest" and you get movies from years and years ago. Im very out of pocket now and there's nothing I can do about it - I thought it had all been done correctly but apparently it hadn't. Its a bloody scam!
IT IS A TOTAL SCAM! They request your credit card details and say they wont charge you for the 5 day trial. Then they send a confirmation email saying your balance is $0.00 but on that statement it also has in fine print at the bottom that they will be automatically charging your credit card a monthly renewal fee of $49.95 USD. I never even watched one movie because there selection is horrible and the charges were high and then I look on my Visa statement and found out I was subscribed for the $49.95 a month when I did not want to be. Then try and cancel the membership... what a nightmare.
TOTAL SCAM!!
Yes, I had same experience today !!!! WTF !!!!!
I called the service centre. The guy wasn't so kind and I told him "Can I call the police?"
He said "Sure. You can whatever you want".....WTF !!!!
The site has to be destroyed !!!!!
All the time there are idiots on the Internet, these scam sites will continue to rake it in. Easy money.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants