EXPIRED

is there a 13.3" chromebook in the UK with 4GB RAM?

Banned
anyone?

25 Comments

ewwaxo

anyone?

why do you need 4gb for a chrome browser how many tabs you want opening haha? or why so much ram needed for linux if thats your intentions, and sorry dont know answer just curious

Original Poster Banned

whelan189

why do you need 4gb for a chrome browser how many tabs you want opening … why do you need 4gb for a chrome browser how many tabs you want opening haha? or why so much ram needed for linux if thats your intentions, and sorry dont know answer just curious

yeah linux. so would prefer 4gb.

ewwaxo

yeah linux. so would prefer 4gb.

cant you just stick a 4GB stick in?

I read some where not long ago it s US thing the 4gb us europeans/Brits don't need 4gb apparently.
Edited by: "haritori" 8th Dec 2014

Original Poster Banned

haritori

cant you just stick a 4GB stick in?

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF--Not-Impressed-Eww-Euw-Awful-Bad-disgust-Lavell-Crawford-GIF.gif

Original Poster Banned

haritori

cant you just stick a 4GB stick in?I read some where not long ago it s US … cant you just stick a 4GB stick in?I read some where not long ago it s US thing the 4gb us europeans/Brits don't need 4gb apparently.

wtf these things don't run on diesel.

ewwaxo

anyone?

can you upgrade on any models? youtube it

ewwaxo

wtf these things don't run on diesel.

#

I am genuinely confused now.

I meant buy a 4GB Ram Module and place that in the place of the 2GB already in there.

Original Poster Banned

haritori

#I am genuinely confused now.I meant buy a 4GB Ram Module and place that … #I am genuinely confused now.I meant buy a 4GB Ram Module and place that in the place of the 2GB already in there.

soldered in the tosh :-(
Edited by: "ewwaxo" 8th Dec 2014

ewwaxo

soldered in the tosh :-(

ahh those ****!

There's the HP 14" chromebook, can be had for £187 refurbished on ebay at the moment (around £229 new I think):
ebay.co.uk/itm…2f2

I bought this model on ebay from PC world for £127 a month ago, so might be worth keeping an eye on there as they keep adding more but at different prices each time.

Or, Lenovo N20p which is only 11.6" screen (touchscreen) new form Amazon for £199:

amazon.co.uk/Len…DUY

Been looking for a while at these and as you say not many 4GB models, not sure I have seen any 13.3" screens with 4GB.

What about a chromebox, and monitor is that any good for your needs?
Edited by: "Carley" 9th Dec 2014

Can you wait until the first quarter of 2015 ewwaxo.Toshiba Chromebook 2 ? 4gb for the full HD model.

toshiba.co.uk/pre…-2/

Edited by: "OldEnglish" 9th Dec 2014

haritori

cant you just stick a 4GB stick in?I read some where not long ago it s US … cant you just stick a 4GB stick in?I read some where not long ago it s US thing the 4gb us europeans/Brits don't need 4gb apparently.

no but you could probably sellotape a 4GB to the lid X)

What do you need to run that needs 4gb of ram yet will run on a low spec cpu?

Chromebooks tend to have SSDs. If any application you run pages out, it will barely be noticed. It is not as if you are waiting for a mechanical drive to spin up and seek.

Original Poster Banned

thanks for suggestions. it seems only us gets 4gb . so far only seen asus and toshiba with 13.3 .but 2gb soldered ram

ewwaxo

thanks for suggestions. it seems only us gets 4gb . so far only seen asus … thanks for suggestions. it seems only us gets 4gb . so far only seen asus and toshiba with 13.3 .but 2gb soldered ram

Haven't you got the HP chromebook 14 still?

Original Poster Banned

OldEnglish

Haven't you got the HP chromebook 14 still?

Yeah - the Pavilion though. Doesn't support dual boot as it has an older BIOS.

Was looking for something a bit more portable but not 11.6, with a Haswell, 13.3, 4GB RAM. Which doesn't exist in this country!

ewwaxo

Yeah - the Pavilion though. Doesn't support dual boot as it has an older … Yeah - the Pavilion though. Doesn't support dual boot as it has an older BIOS.Was looking for something a bit more portable but not 11.6, with a Haswell, 13.3, 4GB RAM. Which doesn't exist in this country!

No it doesn't. I trashed my HP 14 chromebook last weekend, i had just finished putting the tree up decided to pour myself a real ale & put it on the table next to the Chromebook, the dog came along & knocked the table over & the beer went all over it lol. Think i might wait for the Toshiba in the new year now with the HD display, i couldn't go back to a windows laptop for everyday use.

Original Poster Banned

OldEnglish

No it doesn't. I trashed my HP 14 chromebook last weekend, i had just … No it doesn't. I trashed my HP 14 chromebook last weekend, i had just finished putting the tree up decided to pour myself a real ale & put it on the table next to the Chromebook, the dog came along & knocked the table over & the beer went all over it lol. Think i might wait for the Toshiba in the new year now with the HD display, i couldn't go back to a windows laptop for everyday use.

damn that sucks.they take a beating, but don't like beer

Windows laptops are a joke. Not sure what HP are playing at selling chromebooks and windows laptops with similar form factors at the same price. sneaky.

Original Poster Banned

OldEnglish

Can you wait until the first quarter of 2015 ewwaxo.Toshiba Chromebook 2 … Can you wait until the first quarter of 2015 ewwaxo.Toshiba Chromebook 2 ? 4gb for the full HD model.http://www.toshiba.co.uk/press/releases/toshiba-chromebook-2/

Yeah I think I might. Cheers.

OldEnglish

Can you wait until the first quarter of 2015 ewwaxo.Toshiba Chromebook 2 … Can you wait until the first quarter of 2015 ewwaxo.Toshiba Chromebook 2 ? 4gb for the full HD model.http://www.toshiba.co.uk/press/releases/toshiba-chromebook-2/

Love it, want one, cheers.

dereklogan7

Love it, want one, cheers.

Yes i'am going to hang on, it looks decent & i did notice there will be 3 different snap on colour covers available if silver ain't your thing.

http://s24.postimg.org/ql6rpcmmp/chromebookcovers_100411677_orig.jpg[/img]
Edited by: "OldEnglish" 9th Dec 2014

Original Poster Banned

OldEnglish

Yes i'am going to hang on, it looks decent & i did notice there will be 3 … Yes i'am going to hang on, it looks decent & i did notice there will be 3 different snap on colour covers available if silver ain't your thing.[/img]

Hmm Turquoise oO

ewwaxo

Hmm Turquoise oO

Yes, not the best. X)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Wifi extender67
    2. Uploading screen recordings/images online22
    3. Iptv66
    4. Gamecube Component Cable56