Is there a free android app that can do a photo slide show with music in background

Found 7th May
Looking to make a bit of a slide show for me and my wifes wedding anniversary with our first dance song as background music .Years ago i would use windows movie maker but i think thats gone now and wanted to do it on phone, is it possible ?
Community Updates
13 Comments
Quik app will. So simple. You select photos. Create a title if needed and you can sample the different mixes of photos and add music from the library built in app. The results are amazing and it's a free app by the makers of the go pro I think..it dose just photos or video or both photos and video into one. So simple to use
Edited by: "wayners" 7th May
I like Magisto, I think you may get 30 days of premium so you can create longer movies.
wayners1 h, 23 m ago

Quik app will. So simple. You select photos. Create a title if needed and …Quik app will. So simple. You select photos. Create a title if needed and you can sample the different mixes of photos and add music from the library built in app. The results are amazing and it's a free app by the makers of the go pro I think..it dose just photos or video or both photos and video into one. So simple to use

Just got added 50 photos but it looks a pain to arrange them in order
Bob246011 h, 34 m ago

I like Magisto, I think you may get 30 days of premium so you can create …I like Magisto, I think you may get 30 days of premium so you can create longer movies.

Tried this app couldnt rearrange pics at all
Mr_Pickled_Egg11 h, 49 m ago

Tried this app couldnt rearrange pics at all

I think if you go for the business version you can do. I think you might also be able to get that on the trial if you selected it.

I haven't used it for a little while as didn't want to pay to use it, at which point you are limited to 10 photos.

I'm now trying to learn how to use Premier Pro to edit movies as then you will have total control over the end result. But then again it's not cheap!
Edited by: "Bob24601" 7th May
I'm sure I have a wedding themed pack (not sure if it's anniversary but I'm sure I could get one of not) for Premier Pro, so I you wanted to send me the pictures I could import them into to it for you and mp3 for the music.

I can't guarantee results as I haven't quite used it much but willing to give it a go for you.

I am away for another 2 weeks but when I get back I can let you know what templates I have.

Offer retracted due to lack of interest from OP
Edited by: "Bob24601" 11th May
Mr_Pickled_Egg111 h, 23 m ago

Just got added 50 photos but it looks a pain to arrange them in order

Pictures should be in gallery in date and time order so you start with the first one and keep adding. Probably limited to 50 so phone can manage the rendering,but easy to join multiple batches together. Just as a side note. Tvs will play photos from a memory stick as a slide show. Ours even adds music so all you do is copy all your photos on to a memory stick (100s) then shove in tv usb port. Also if you burn pictures to a dvd or cd they will play as a slide show on any dvd player. Quik turns your pictures to a mp4 video which is a video file format. Maybe just go for the USB stick option
Edited by: "wayners" 8th May
google photos has this option,
Edit only on mobile

(highhlight the photos you want, press +, create movie)
Edited by: "mattsk" 8th May
I do a bit of app developing so I was intrigued by your question as it could have been something I could create but there already seems to be loads of apps out there that will suit your needs. My first search "slideshow maker" drew up many results with over 4 star ratings and millions of downloads.

Limiting to 50 seems to be a sticky point because it doesn't physically need to store the photo, only a location on the device so the amount of photo's is only limited by the phones memory size and shouldn't be a problem.
GlentoranMark33 m ago

I do a bit of app developing so I was intrigued by your question as it …I do a bit of app developing so I was intrigued by your question as it could have been something I could create but there already seems to be loads of apps out there that will suit your needs. My first search "slideshow maker" drew up many results with over 4 star ratings and millions of downloads.Limiting to 50 seems to be a sticky point because it doesn't physically need to store the photo, only a location on the device so the amount of photo's is only limited by the phones memory size and shouldn't be a problem.

Ye in a nut shell it was widows movie maker type app where you drag yor photos arrange them in order (you can edit how long thet photo shows up for and maybe even adjust size etc) then place a song from personal playlist and adjust length to fit with picture timeline /story

Back in thw day it was so easy with windows movie maker which now has been removed from lastest windows
wayners7th May

Quik app will. So simple. You select photos. Create a title if needed and …Quik app will. So simple. You select photos. Create a title if needed and you can sample the different mixes of photos and add music from the library built in app. The results are amazing and it's a free app by the makers of the go pro I think..it dose just photos or video or both photos and video into one. So simple to use

Hi i sussed the ordering issue however all the filters it makes you pick all of them seem to want the pics to flash or pan in i just want to them to appear as they move from pic to pic sny ideas?
Mr_Pickled_Egg126 m ago

Hi i sussed the ordering issue however all the filters it makes you pick …Hi i sussed the ordering issue however all the filters it makes you pick all of them seem to want the pics to flash or pan in i just want to them to appear as they move from pic to pic sny ideas?

You don't like the effects then. There are so many slide making apps on the playstore so you will have to go try and find one with basic slide options. I can't recommend one as don't use myself
Filters can be added to the quik app?
Edited by: "Mr_Pickled_Egg1" 9th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants