Expired

Is there a free way of unlocking a Nokia Lumia 520 please

Found 16th Jan 2014
Does anyone know a free way of unlocking a Nokia Lumia 520 please
Community Updates
10 Comments
If it is locked to 3 then they will provide the code to unlock all their phones free of charge on request. If it is on a different network, then I don't know. You could try giffgaff's unlockapedia page for information.
Thank you for your reply. It is locked to O2. I tried an unlocking service online but they couldn't do it. I will look at the Giffgaff page you recommend.
If you are out of contract or you have had the phone on pay as you go and topped up a sufficient amount of money, O2 will send you an unlock code free of charge. I don't know what the minimum spend is to do this, but O2 can advise you of that.
I bought the phone on ebay, I hadn't realised this model would be so difficult to get unlocked.
cgb22

I bought the phone on ebay, I hadn't realised this model would be so … I bought the phone on ebay, I hadn't realised this model would be so difficult to get unlocked.

All I can suggest is that you contact the seller and ask them to get the unlock code from O2 for you. There is an online form to fill in on the O2 website, for which the link is below. However, I think you would have to be the original owner of the phone to use this form. You could ask the seller to transfer the title of the phone to you, so you can do this yourself, but that depends on his or her goodwill, and if they are happy to do this or not. They have a moral obligation to do this, as you now own the phone, but they do not have a legal obligation to do this, I don't think.

There is a live chat facility that appears on the site, which may be able to help you. You will need the IMEI for the phone, which can be found by typing *#06# into the phone's dialpad.

o2.co.uk/app…orm

Edited by: "borofan47" 23rd Jan 2014
I have just tried the Live chat with O2. I have to have a 12month contract with them if I want to unlock the phone. After that time it will cost £15 if its Pay AS you Go or free if on a contract. So I shall have to see if the ebay seller would be kind enough to do it for me. Not that they are obliged to as they said it was a locked phone but I have not had any difficulty before getting phones unlocked. So its my own fault. If o2 and giffgaff and Tescos use the same network I wonder if its worth trying one of the others. I tried the links to unlock services on giffgaff but the first one no longer works. Thank you for all of your help.
The Lumia series are expensive to unlock, I highly doubt anybody is going to unlock it for free. There is a reason why they get resold on as locked to a specific network.
I am happy to pay for it to be unlocked but having to take out a years contract first seems a little excessive!
I bought my Lumia 520 yesterday from Phones 4u, sim free, so no unlocking needed. It cost me £89.95, with nothing further to pay. I am using it on 3, as that is my network. A friend of mine bought one on Ebay which was locked to Orange, but he sold it on, as he could not find a free or cheap unlocking option for it.
Edited by: "borofan47" 24th Jan 2014
I have a nokia lumia 520 locked to 3,does this mean I can get it unlocked free by three please
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants