Is there a Freesat box out there with the Amazon Prime app on it?

Posted 20th Jul 2019
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
No not as I'm aware, I understand it may be possible with modded firmware but this is a complex procedure and you could brick your Humax plus lose all warranty, I flashed a Humax box years ago with modded firmware but once done it does make the Humax box better in many respects but it's virtually impossible to re-flash to original firmware..
Edited by: "lettherebedeals" 20th Jul 2019
You may as well just get a Roku stick for complete flexibility. Is there any specific reason you want it on a freesat box or is it just for handiness
My youview box has the prime video app on it.
I know it's not Freesat, but very similar thing just runs of an ariel rather than a dish
MECOOL KIII PRO Hybrid DVB TV Box HERE then install the app
An Amazon firestick would be better and you'd have the other benefits of prime then too!
Roku Box has all platforms on one little box. Best thing I’ve bought
deleted1447778
Why freesat? less HD channels, all HD on freesat is broadcast interlaced, on freeview it's progressive, except for live content, not all HD channels are 1920x1080, SD channels can be lower resolution than freeview.
Edited by: "deleted1447778" 20th Jul 2019
In that case does anyone know of a Youview Box with WiFi?
Dyslexic_Dog20/07/2019 12:23

My youview box has the prime video app on it.I know it's not Freesat, but …My youview box has the prime video app on it.I know it's not Freesat, but very similar thing just runs of an ariel rather than a dish

Is it WiFi capable? I'm struggling to find a Youview Box that is!
Kua20/07/2019 19:24

Not WiFi I've got it on an ethernet cable but I'm led to believe that you can use an adapter to link it by WiFi.
Kua20/07/2019 19:24

There are no WiFi YouView boxes. However you can use powerline adaptors to connect if you can't get a direct wired connection, or I believe you can also use something like a TP Link Nano Router which can be connected via cable to the YouView box and can also be powered by it using the USB connection. Haven't tried this myself but I understand from the YouView forums that there are people who use this method successfully.
You just need one of these to receive the wifi signal and convert it to wired amazon.co.uk/Von…RM2
Just make sure to read the instructions to set it up as a bridge (you put in your routers name and password)
Been using youview box with bt extender 1200 with Ethernet also it is amazing for speeds on 5ghz for other devices.
Netflix is amazing, prime isn't too bad either!
Also 2 channel simultaneous recording is possible. It's a reasonable device without being too expensive tbh
dorey6920/07/2019 15:44

Roku Box has all platforms on one little box. Best thing I’ve bought

Yes Roku Smart Sticks & Boxes still have the BEST & largest selection of apps ever, the new Roku 4K box was once priced at £25 in Sainsburys (which was understood to be a pricing error) some got lucky, however they are rarely seen now for less than £50, the traditional Roku boxes can be found for a as little as £15 and worth every penny. I recently sold an Old Roku 2 HD box on eBay and using a Amazon Fire 4K stick now, but still miss some of the selection of Apps I had on Roku.
deleted1447778
There are network attached devices for freeview like the HDHomeRun, so you could watch freeview tv on say a Fire TV Stick, or any number of devices. But it might not have the functionality your after and they charge for the DVR option when using their app.

A lot of poeple use them with Plex but your need a Plex Pass to use it as a DVR, theres lots of videos on YouTube if your interested.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants