Is there a limit to how many electrical devices you can bring in your hand luggage on a plane?

Found 31st Dec 2017
UK to UK flight

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Not as far as I know UK to UK there are no extra restrictions. They all must turn on though and not go over the weight limit.

How much are you taking? I flew to outside the uk and had 2 phones, a laptop, Nintendo switch and an iPad. I had no issues they just all had to be screened separately out the bag

Airport Security Officer:
It's a dildo.
Of course it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo.

Dannyrobbo1 h, 40 m ago

Not as far as I know UK to UK there are no extra restrictions. They all …Not as far as I know UK to UK there are no extra restrictions. They all must turn on though and not go over the weight limit. How much are you taking? I flew to outside the uk and had 2 phones, a laptop, Nintendo switch and an iPad. I had no issues they just all had to be screened separately out the bag

I think there is a limit on devices with lithium ion batteries. Check with your airline rather than a forum, the rules are changing all the time. If you planning to take a power bank with you also check that its rating is clearly visible on it (manufacturers stamp it on normally) and that it’s within any allowable limit, some airlines have limited to as little as 10,000mah.

cmdr_elito9 m ago

I think there is a limit on devices with lithium ion batteries. Check with …I think there is a limit on devices with lithium ion batteries. Check with your airline rather than a forum, the rules are changing all the time. If you planning to take a power bank with you also check that its rating is clearly visible on it (manufacturers stamp it on normally) and that it’s within any allowable limit, some airlines have limited to as little as 10,000mah.

Theres a limit on spare batteries it’s 2 and I know Ryanair power bank max is 160Wh (32,000 mAh at 5v). As far as actual devices there is no hard limit as to what can be taken as long as each device is allowable, can be switched on and you don’t go over hand luggage weight.

No devices which are known to go on fire... and any lithium batteries etc need to be transported INSIDE the phone....don't expect to go get through with a spare that's unpackaged

That's basically it.....

Dannyrobbo15 m ago

Theres a limit on spare batteries it’s 2 and I know Ryanair power bank max …Theres a limit on spare batteries it’s 2 and I know Ryanair power bank max is 160Wh (32,000 mAh at 5v). As far as actual devices there is no hard limit as to what can be taken as long as each device is allowable, can be switched on and you don’t go over hand luggage weight.

It appears there’s a size limit too. Limited to thin devices.

gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/electronic-devices-and-electrical-items
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 31st Dec 2017

cmdr_elito34 m ago

It appears there’s a size limit too. Limited to thin d …It appears there’s a size limit too. Limited to thin devices.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/electronic-devices-and-electrical-items

Only from Flights to the UK from Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia not anywhere else. Even some airports from those locations are okay to bring any sizes.

Don't think so. I was travelling with a PS4 in my hand luggage+ipad+windows tablet+2 power bank... Turkish is slightly trickier as getting back to UK is more strict and they will put all your tablet in a separate part..

Yeah no Samsung note 7s!

32957367-yRg2c.jpg

I'd advise you to call the airline. And if you're going to take a hand luggage with all your electrical devices give yourself plenty of time to go through security.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants