Groups

Is there a list of (interesting/useful) channels aside from ITV HD that can be added in the other channels option in the new EPG anywhere?? on SKY HD

I added ITV HD last night i was just wondering if there are any other channels u can add that maybe useful??

16 Comments

I was thinking this earlier, I had my HD installed this morning.

how much did it cost? just for the box?no subscription

MarzBarz;7750358

how much did it cost? just for the box?no subscription

£79. It's what im going to do.

How do you do this? I have SKY HD but didn't know you could add ITV HD &/or others !

Barnaby123;7750886

How do you do this? I have SKY HD but didn't know you could add ITV HD … How do you do this? I have SKY HD but didn't know you could add ITV HD &/or others !

google it lol

as long as you have the new EPG you can get ITV HD

Adam2050;7750410

£79. It's what im going to do.

going for HD box and no sub what use would that be? (srs im not a sky user)

numptyj;7750912

going for HD box and no sub what use would that be? (srs im not a sky … going for HD box and no sub what use would that be? (srs im not a sky user)

Well I was going to go for a freesat HD box but the cheapest one is about £69, without a recorder, so was going to go for this as it would cost currently £249.99 for a mid range recorder. I just want the free HD channels for now and when the subscription drops down which it will hopefuly with 3D TV in april then I might get a bigger package.

So £69 to sky when I was going to get bb and tv with them seems reasonable.:)

Adam2050;7750942

Well I was going to go for a freesat HD box but the cheapest one is about … Well I was going to go for a freesat HD box but the cheapest one is about £69, without a recorder, so was going to go for this as it would cost currently £249.99 for a mid range recorder. I just want the free HD channels for now and when the subscription drops down which it will hopefuly with 3D TV in april then I might get a bigger package.So £69 to sky when I was going to get bb and tv with them seems reasonable.:)

I think you only get BBC HD & Channel 4 HD though. ITV HD only shows the footy. Worth getting the sub for the Discovery channels etc. :thumbsup:

Syzable;7750957

I think you only get BBC HD & Channel 4 HD though. ITV HD only shows the … I think you only get BBC HD & Channel 4 HD though. ITV HD only shows the footy. Worth getting the sub for the Discovery channels etc. :thumbsup:

Only one I'd probably be interested in would be Sky1. Don't think I want to spend £10 currently. There surely will be more channels popping up in due time.

Syzable;7750957

I think you only get BBC HD & Channel 4 HD though. ITV HD only shows the … I think you only get BBC HD & Channel 4 HD though. ITV HD only shows the footy. Worth getting the sub for the Discovery channels etc. :thumbsup:

Yeah, Discovery HD and Nat Geographic HD are superb to watch, also now E4 HD and Sky1 HD worth paying the extra for.

DJNG22;7750997

Yeah, Discovery HD and Nat Geographic HD are superb to watch, also now E4 … Yeah, Discovery HD and Nat Geographic HD are superb to watch, also now E4 HD and Sky1 HD worth paying the extra for.

You have to pay for E4 HD? Strange.

Adam2050;7750989

Only one I'd probably be interested in would be Sky1. Don't think I want … Only one I'd probably be interested in would be Sky1. Don't think I want to spend £10 currently. There surely will be more channels popping up in due time.

Wouln't rush for the Sky 1 HD channel as 70% of the days viewing isn't in HD and has bars down the side. :x Alright if you like lost etc but i don't watch any progs on there other than the occasional Simpsons.

Syzable;7751005

Wouln't rush for the Sky 1 HD channel as 70% of the days viewing isn't in … Wouln't rush for the Sky 1 HD channel as 70% of the days viewing isn't in HD and has bars down the side. :x Alright if you like lost etc but i don't watch any progs on there other than the occasional Simpsons.

Yeh, my main reason was for the world cup in HD, guessing the bbc and ITV will still have full rights to the england matches - quaters/semis/final etc.

Still champions league also, and maybe some Europa if it finally comes round.

Adam2050;7751023

Yeh, my main reason was for the world cup in HD, guessing the bbc and ITV … Yeh, my main reason was for the world cup in HD, guessing the bbc and ITV will still have full rights to the england matches - quaters/semis/final etc.Still champions league also, and maybe some Europa if it finally comes round.

Yes.........they will be good for that. As long as ITV doesn't do it's usual trick of shunting matches onto ITV 4 as no HD for that.

BBC HD service is great though and often has better programs on than BBC 1

Original Poster

on free sat u only get bbc HD and ITV HD free

on sky u get - well worth £10 IMO

ITV HD
    Channel 4 HD
    143 BBC HD
    170 Sky One
    193 FX HD
    214 SCI FI HD
    215 E4 HD
    258 Sky Arts 1 HD
    259 Sky Arts 2 HD
    273 Luxe TV HD Dedicated to luxury
    412 Eurosport HD Sports
    536 Discovery HD
    543 National Geographic HD
    544 Nat Geo Wild HD
    545 History Channel HD
    555 Crime HD Crime

+ all the sports and movies hd channel ie sky sports hd 1 and 2 but u have to pay extra for the packages to get these channels

ViperKeith;7751289

on free sat u only get bbc HD and ITV HD freeon sky u get - well worth … on free sat u only get bbc HD and ITV HD freeon sky u get - well worth £10 IMO + all the sports and movies but u have to pay extra for the packagesITV HDChannel 4 HD 143 BBC HD 170 Sky One 193 FX HD 214 SCI FI HD 215 E4 HD 258 Sky Arts 1 HD 259 Sky Arts 2 HD 273 Luxe TV HD Dedicated to luxury 412 Eurosport HD Sports 536 Discovery HD 543 National Geographic HD 544 Nat Geo Wild HD 545 History Channel HD 555 Crime HD Crime

Yeh see not to fussed. Thanks tho.:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds33
      2. What to do?????34
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      4. Best VR games?22

See more discussions