Groups

Is there a PDF-type converter for Powerpoints?

I can convert a Word document to a PDF so that it cannot be edited.

Is there an application which will do a similar thing for Powerpoints?

9 Comments

Any program that can can convert a Word doc can also convert a Powerpoint.

I use PDF995 (free) but there are others.

Basically you just choose "print" and one of the print options is "convert to PDF".

Original Poster

But it then doesn't play as a Powerpoint, with animations etc.

I want to send a \PPt to someone which works fully, but cannot be edited.

Banned

i dont think you can do that.... google DRM powerpoint

virus;6191557

But it then doesn't play as a Powerpoint, with animations etc.I want to … But it then doesn't play as a Powerpoint, with animations etc.I want to send a \PPt to someone which works fully, but cannot be edited.

I think in Powerpoint you can create a powerpoint "show" (not sure what the exact name is).

This creates a pps file that can be "run" but not changed.

More here

presentationsoft.about.com/od/…htm

Original Poster

Yes, that's it. Powerpoint show.

Thanks

btw Microsoft provide a fantastic amount of help on their Office web site that i think not enough people know about.

Here is the Powerpoint help

office.microsoft.com/en-…spx

I use Primo PDF which can PDF anything... that has a print option!! Free and Legal and very good1

virus;6191663

Yes, that's it. Powerpoint show.Thanks

Bear in mind that anyone can change the extension back to ppt and edit the file however I think the pps option is the way to go.

John

Banned

Johnmcl7;6193941

Bear in mind that anyone can change the extension back to ppt and edit … Bear in mind that anyone can change the extension back to ppt and edit the file however I think the pps option is the way to go.John

+1

besides...anyone who you trust to edit the file surely you trust them to get it to run themselves :?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767352
      2. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1822
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2868
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2446

See more discussions