Groups

is there a place or company where I can take paper that needs shredding?

I've got abit of shredding to do .

I have 2 shredders that have basically decided when they want to work and I just can't be dealing with it .

Is there a place to take paper where it's shredded or burnt

12 Comments

I know of a few companies that handle destruction like Shred It and some offer single one off options but you'd be better off burning it.

Can you not burn it yourself?

Banned

Burn it in your garden or just soak in water & add bleach.

Scissors work too

You work for the CIA? X)

i have seen some companies but i believe they are for businesses with lots of shredding to be done. if you dont have that much to justify one of those companies then buy a better shredder and do it yourself - Costco have a great shredder for around £105. it is a beast and will run for 20 minutes continuously if needed. plus the Costco return policy is ridiculously good if anything doea go wrong.
    Edited by: "jambone" 10th Sep 2016

Burn it in the garden? We cut them and put them all in out comppst bins, they will rot down and soon stay under the soil forever lol

Original Poster

I have a lot of shredding to do I've filled a room

s_ha16

I have a lot of shredding to do I've filled a room

homebase.co.uk/en/…958

Sorted X)

Original Poster

joshp

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/garden-incinerator---45-x-60cm-095958Sorted X)

Thank you this is exactly what I will be getting tomorrow .

It's actually business documents that r past their need and it is quite a lot . I have bought 2 very good shredders from the Costco website but they just don't cut it lol

They heat up every 10 mins and get stuck if I put a thick pile in

Original Poster

I found some company's but they charge £5 per black bin bag that is filled and for me it comes to £100 and I'd rather spend that money on hiring a person to shred or buying a new shredder loool

s_ha16

Thank you this is exactly what I will be getting tomorrow .It's actually … Thank you this is exactly what I will be getting tomorrow .It's actually business documents that r past their need and it is quite a lot . I have bought 2 very good shredders from the Costco website but they just don't cut it lolThey heat up every 10 mins and get stuck if I put a thick pile in

​Be warned. I burnt a load of old files for work a few years ago in a garden incinerator and you have to put them in a few sheets at a time or they stifle the oxygen from the fire. It took me ages to do a few bin bags full.

Can you wait until 5th Nov? I'm sure someone would be happy to burn your paper for you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. plusnet mobile terrible34
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?26
      3. Recommend a free reminder app1314
      4. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??11

See more discussions