Groups

Is there a SatNav available for HTC Legend?

I'm thinking of going for the HTC Legend posted on here this afternoon, but the only thing that's stopping me is that I've got a Nokia 5800 with OVI Maps on it and would like my next phone to have a similar quality of SatNav to OVI, do they exist on Android?

5 Comments

or copilot live 8 is a good choice- I have it on my htc desire and it works very well

sdoherty1000;8423751

or copilot live 8 is a good choice- I have it on my htc desire and it … or copilot live 8 is a good choice- I have it on my htc desire and it works very well

is it possible to get the instructions via headphones?

Banned

Google maps now has navigation on Android 1.6 and above

The only disadvantage of Google Maps Navigation is that it requires an continual Internet connection, thus if you drive through a large area with poor mobile signal you're kind of stuck! (I believe it can possibly be hacked to cache a complete basic map to SD card). The advantage of this method though is that the map is always the latest, you get traffic info, there's advanced POI searching (business names etc) and there's the excellent Street View.

CoPilot etc stores maps on your SD card.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764223
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31141
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711

See more discussions