Is there a way.......................................................

4 replies
Found 11th Sep 2009
of getting my Sky HD signal to the bedroom TV without using the Magic Eye, as the Magic Eye is only a coaxial cable and not an HDMI cable?

I have the full HD set up downstairs, but have an HD ready TV upstairs, and might be considering a 1080p upstairs instead, but only if I can do that via HDMI cable or similar.

Thanks.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
3 Comments

there are gadgets you can get to run HDMI over cat5e cable, you'd still have to run a cable tho which means there isn't much stopping you running a really long hdmi cable but you might not find one long enough. there are rules about how long that can be at maximum supposedly, but then if you're not sending a 1080p (only 1080i or 720p) stream i expect it wouldn't be a problem because you don't need the same bandwidth. I believe other people have exceeded the maximum length before without trouble.

Having a full HD tv upstairs wont help in anyway as Sky donen't use full HD.

Agreed, depending on the distance, just get a long HDMI cable and use that, otherwise a hd version of a videsender. they do exist but can't remember where I saw them and they are expensive.

You can also buy HDMI extenders, HDMI works properly to around 15M, just put a HDMI extender if the length of the cable is more than that

skyhd box is only 1080i isnt it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions