Is there a way in eBay to changes status from business to private seller?

Posted 12th Jun 2020
We have a business account on eBay that we used to trade on but have stopped a long back and now only sell household items every now and then. I was thinking of creating a new account but this one has built up feedback (mostly from buying) and I rather use this but business sellers hardly get any promotional offers like private sellers.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
you need to call them or live chat with request
MadSkilzYo12/06/2020 08:09

Yes. I’ve done it myself.

guess who'll be on the phone with them now
Same here, but I have never been bothered.. Should I be? What would be the difference?
Chiptivo12/06/2020 08:44

Same here, but I have never been bothered.. Should I be? What would be the …Same here, but I have never been bothered.. Should I be? What would be the difference?

£1 FVF offers is one example; I don't think business sellers get them. Plus you can say No to returns (doesn't really matter but it does deter some buyers).
bozo00712/06/2020 08:51

£1 FVF offers is one example; I don't think business sellers get them. Plus …£1 FVF offers is one example; I don't think business sellers get them. Plus you can say No to returns (doesn't really matter but it does deter some buyers).

I always get them, that's why I scared to change it.

It is very early in the morning, maybe I'm getting confused and my ebay is personal and my paypal is business? I know my paypal is business and I am not a business at all. Not sure of the differences.
Chiptivo12/06/2020 08:44

Same here, but I have never been bothered.. Should I be? What would be the …Same here, but I have never been bothered.. Should I be? What would be the difference?

A big difference as far as I can see and especially now. Private sellers get quite a lot of offers for £1 FVF and you can list up to 1000 listings free of charge whereas as business seller you pay about 30p per listing of you don't have a shop subscription.

So if your only selling every now and done and trying to get rid of stuff you don't need, your much better off.
bozo00712/06/2020 08:51

£1 FVF offers is one example; I don't think business sellers get them. Plus …£1 FVF offers is one example; I don't think business sellers get them. Plus you can say No to returns (doesn't really matter but it does deter some buyers).

I am as a business seller getting this offer £1 normally a week before privet
41072180-WTheb.jpg
You can't change an account FROM business TO private but you CAN turn a private acount into a business.
squiff13/06/2020 17:14

You can't change an account FROM business TO private but you CAN turn a …You can't change an account FROM business TO private but you CAN turn a private acount into a business.

Yes same happened to me. Contacted eBay and been told no way to change back from business to privet
Post a comment
@
    Text