Groups

Is there a way of getting something back if you lose it in a black cab?

I know this is a daft question but my boss has lost his brand new blackberry in the back of a Black Cab in London - I suppose he has no hope of retrieving it or is there a central number you can call to try to trace lost property?

Any advice gratefully received although I suspect we have no hope!

8 Comments

don't suppose he tried calling the blackberry.

Original Poster

Yes, but it just rings and rings. I suppose he's not going to see it again but he only got it on Monday - typical!

Contact local council they will advice you, lost property should be kept for i think 30 days. Good luck

ba1964;5791838

Contact local council they will advice you, lost property should be kept … Contact local council they will advice you, lost property should be kept for i think 30 days. Good luck

no chance- cabbie never seen nothing lol

if it rings and rings thats a good thing,it means nobody has hoofed the sim card away and is trying to sell the phone

Banned

lets be honest, the cabbie probably never saw it. His next pick ups will have nabbed that. They'll leave it on, but on silent until battery runs flat so it doesnt seem suspicious, then they'll scrap the sim and keep or sell on the phone. was he insured?

if its on contract just block it

Original Poster

Okay thanks everyone. It's a work mobile so I assume it's insured but not so worried about the cost, more the inconvenience of him not having it whilst away from the office.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October921
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …162403
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846290
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416014106

See more discussions