Is there a way to avoid import fees/shippping from Amazon.com

Posted 29th May 2019
I was going to order this item, it nearly doubles in price with the shipping and fees.

amazon.com/Mon…CYJ

Maybe there's no way to avoid these fees but it seems extreme to me.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
The fees are mainly tax which due to the items value must be paid unless marking the value lower than £15 which would be illegal.

Not sure anyone is going to mail it to you for free so hard to avoid international shipping.

So unless you know somebody in the US who has Amazon Prime and is wiling to send it to you on the cheap undervaluing it not much else you can do.
You need to know someone in US to send you as gift. Gift with limited of £39 (include postal fee)
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 29th May 2019
For small items you could have arrived with, you could unpack them and stick them in your luggage, not that I'm condoning that as it would be illegal
Also don't forget some things appear to be so cheap compared to here, but they advertise the base price without the States Sales Tax included (like most sites in the US), it would be like browsing our sites with VAT only being added at basket stage.
I know someone that lives in America but I haven't spoken to him in a while so don't feel like I could ask him about this straight away.

Also we have family in Canada but it seems to only be selling in America.

The only thing is I'll probably end up getting a few things for my little boy for Christmas.

Pity getting things from America is like this as its free from China, free delivery and all.

If need be I'll pay the extra to get it most likely but I pray they don't ask me to pay more when they delivery it.
qwales29/05/2019 12:15

For small items you could have arrived with, you could unpack them and …For small items you could have arrived with, you could unpack them and stick them in your luggage, not that I'm condoning that as it would be illegal

I'd be worried if my bottom was full of cocaine going through customs, not so much about a toy for my son lol
peekaboo9229/05/2019 19:50

I know someone that lives in America but I haven't spoken to him in a …I know someone that lives in America but I haven't spoken to him in a while so don't feel like I could ask him about this straight away. Also we have family in Canada but it seems to only be selling in America. The only thing is I'll probably end up getting a few things for my little boy for Christmas.Pity getting things from America is like this as its free from China, free delivery and all.If need be I'll pay the extra to get it most likely but I pray they don't ask me to pay more when they delivery it.

I've ordered several things from Amazon.com and you never have to pay anything extra upon delivery. Though on your comment about ordering several things, the one thing that does annoy me is that the delivery charge doesn't remain the same or only a slight increase the more you order (unless it multiple of same product), it literally is per product as the product could be shipped from any of a zillion warehouses within the US. If you don't mind the hassle and it a good price or hard to find product buy 2 and sell the other, or if any friends/family etc.
Have you tried Amazon France, Germany, Italy? Obviously no import duty.
There’s a few on eBay, some in Germany. All seem around £40 with delivery.
Yep ive seen the ones on ebay and amazon would typically be cheaper, not to mention more reliable. Its only the american amazon that sell them, odd as it is. Monster Jam toys are better and easier to get in america.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants