Is there a way to backup the ".ipa" file on ios?

Posted 23rd Nov 2020
I want to update few apps on my ipad and iPhone but want to create copy of the app (ipa file) so if dont like it i can downgrade. I dont care about app data just the app file itself. I know latest itunes doesnt let you but it doesnt seem to work with older ones either ( i still have older itunes running on mac)

There is that iMazing app but i dont really trust it. Seems off for some reason
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    iMazing is very good. I have used it and tested the ipa function, works great. Always backup my phone daily. Recommended.
    Author
    BIGBOSS7865923/11/2020 00:57

iMazing is very good. I have used it and tested the ipa function, works …iMazing is very good. I have used it and tested the ipa function, works great. Always backup my phone daily. Recommended.

Tried it today. It does not backup the .ipa file (equivalent to apk in android). Thankfully i did it for an app i was not too bothered about. It basically downloaded the latest version of the app when restoring.

Seems like apple have screwed us over big time (edited)
    Did you backup yo
    xPabloz23/11/2020 19:28

Tried it today. It does not backup the .ipa file (equivalent to apk in …Tried it today. It does not backup the .ipa file (equivalent to apk in android). Thankfully i did it for an app i was not too bothered about. It basically downloaded the latest version of the app when restoring.Seems like apple have screwed us over big time

Try this. Backup your phone first
    Delete an app on your phone then restore the app from the backup. I tried this before when the application was removed from the App Store and it worked.
    I don’t think you can backup the .ipa file unless you are Jailbroken. Imazing and others used to do this before apple changed things in IOS.
    In Imazing can’t you do a full backup then restore just the apps you need? It’s been a long time since I’ve played with it as I’m jailbroken.
    Author
    BIGBOSS7865923/11/2020 19:30

Did you backup yoTry this. Backup your phone firstDelete an app on your …Did you backup yoTry this. Backup your phone firstDelete an app on your phone then restore the app from the backup. I tried this before when the application was removed from the App Store and it worked.

Thats exactly what i did but it just downloaded the latest version of the app (which didn't have great reviews at all) (edited)
    xPabloz24/11/2020 00:34

Thats exactly what i did but it just downloaded the latest version of the …Thats exactly what i did but it just downloaded the latest version of the app (which didn't have great reviews at all)

Try this.

Click on Managed apps
    Then click the app and click the arrow for back up app data.

This will create ipa file

To reinstall click the arrow and click install ipa file.

Job done
    Author
    BIGBOSS7865924/11/2020 01:17

Try this.Click on Managed apps Then click the app and click the arrow for …Try this.Click on Managed apps Then click the app and click the arrow for back up app data.This will create ipa fileTo reinstall click the arrow and click install ipa file.Job done

That's what i did but it only backups the data, doesn't create ipa file. Restoring downloads the latest version of the app
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants