Is there a way to block any 0161 number on my mobile?

Found 29th May
Hi, can anyone help? I am being bombarded by 0161 numbers trying to scam/PPI etc. As soon as i block their number, they seem to autogenerate another one and I cant keep up wiht them. Its got to the stage where I dont asnwer any 0161 number. Is there a way to block them so that my phone wont even ring? I have an iphone 7
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Do you own a whistle?
If you do, play a ditty down the phone line to keep your caller entertained
Install the truecaller app and block any number
0161 is just the Manchester area prefix so you would potentially be blocking anyone from Manchester, I appreciate this may appeal to some people but as a proud Mancunian I would be deeply hurt
Blocking the whole of Manchester from calling, I’m not so sure that’s a good idea, what if a legitimate business tries to call.

I suggest you look inwards at what information you have been sharing with 3rd parties
Skaman6 h, 42 m ago

0161 is just the Manchester area prefix so you would potentially be …0161 is just the Manchester area prefix so you would potentially be blocking anyone from Manchester, I appreciate this may appeal to some people but as a proud Mancunian I would be deeply hurt

Indeed - I'd like to think that we're not all *that* bad!

duffy - you might try asking your mobile provider if there's anything that they can do to block suspect numbers.
TPS online, legally they will not be allowed to call you
I downloaded an app called sync me few years ago.

Any number the app thinks is spam flashes red when its ringing. I then block the number.

If its that important they will leave a voicemail and i will phone the caller back.

A few to get through but i just hang up.
Just do what I do when pestered by scammers.
Play along with it for as long as possible before telling them that you’ve been wasting their time for the last x amount of minutes.
I managed to string someone from “Windows” along for about 15-20 minutes before telling him that he was a scammer...he wasn’t best pleased
Edited by: "GRSC" 31st May
mattsk30th May

TPS online, legally they will not be allowed to call you

Only if the call is from or on behalf of a UK company. If from an abroad company they can do what they like. The TPS list is pure gold for any non-uk company treating the list as a hit list of vulnerable customers (sorry I mean list of people not to contact,honest!). Putting it another way, how you think TPS make money? Below how many fines that have been raised between 2012 and July 2017 through reports from TPS to the ICO.

33891734-D451O.jpg
GRSC2 h, 51 m ago

Just do what I do when pestered by scammers.Play along with it for as long …Just do what I do when pestered by scammers.Play along with it for as long as possible before telling them that you’ve been wasting their time for the last x amount of minutes.I managed to string someone from “Windows” along for about 15-20 minutes before telling him that he was a scammer...he wasn’t best pleased

Windows Maintenance Dept are my all time favourite for completely pointless chat. I've got a conversation with them saved somewhere, it took a considerable time before they wised up.
Edited by: "jaketheplumber" 31st May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions