Is there a way to buy a TV without paying in one big installment

19 replies
Found 7th Oct 2009
Hi guys I realise this probably sounds stupid but I need some advice.

I am planning on buying a new TV mainly for gaming, I want a 40" preferably.

I was hoping to buy one with cdiscount (as I dont want to spend £500+ in one go) using 3discount but I have emailed them and they say that the 3discount scheme has been stopped.

With the exception of a credit card is there anyway of getting a lower interest 3 pay or similar instalment scheme for a new television?

Thanks in advance

Jfield44

1. Misc
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. TV
19 Comments

argos? as they have had quite a good few deals on recently

Littlewoods direct or littlewoods? You could use a first order code too to get a percentage discount

Banned

Shop direct catalogues will let you pay over 52 weeks, BNPL etc..

Littlewoods, Very, Empire Stores etc...

or maybe you should just save up for one :whistling:

I know what its like though, I never like waiting. But if you do use a catalogue you'll probably end up paying a lot more for one than if you looked on here for a deal.

good luck

Do you have good credit? You can always ask for 3 or 6 months interest free credit instore at places like Comet.

owens101;6505311

or maybe you should just save up for one :whistling:I know what its like … or maybe you should just save up for one :whistling:I know what its like though, I never like waiting. But if you do use a catalogue you'll probably end up paying a lot more for one than if you looked on here for a deal.good luck

Thats what I done. No way was I getting into debt for something like a tv.

OP I would honestly save up - give a friend the money to keep for u so u dont dip into it.

Tesco have recently started doing this type of thing where you pay it over so many months or years

Banned

dont spend money you haven't got

Banned

comet, currys etc all do buy now pay later over a certain period of time

dont touch littlewoods and the like - you will pay over the odds for it in the first place and then be stung for ridiculous amounts of interest.

Original Poster

Cheers for the ideas guys.

Its a shame about the 3 discount thing, it would have suited me prefectly.

£600 tv

pay 400 first month then 200 second month only 3% admin fee

thanks for the ideas tho guys

Tesco direct gave me 0% finance, on a £600 spend.
payed it all off over 1 year. Great :thumbsup:

Original Poster

the tesco BNPL service looks good but I dont have the Tesco credit card

how about Cdiscount?

Banned

jackvdbuk;6506717

how about Cdiscount?

i can only but hope you are not being serious.......................

God help you if you are

Banned

get a mobile phone contract and get the tv free!!!

[url]www.ebuyer.com[/url] BNPL scheme is ok

Original Poster

cdiscount was what I wanted to use but they have stopped the 3discount service which is the cheap installment service

dimebars;6506730

i can only but hope you are not being serious.......................God … i can only but hope you are not being serious.......................God help you if you are

hahahah mate ive never used cdiscounts 3 payment scheme but have used them and thought there fine
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    2. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    3. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11
    4. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22

See more discussions