Is there a way to charge Linx 8 tablet and use USB devices at the same time?

Found 4th Feb 2015
Is there a way to charge Linx 8 tablet and use USB devices at the same time?

I thought to search for a usb powered hub (?) but honestly don't know. Product recommendations are appreciated
Community Updates
AskTablet
14 Comments
It can depend on the model. The Linx 8 can be charged from some hubs without changing any settings. The Link 7 is a little picky compared.
soza

It can depend on the model. The Linx 8 can be charged from some hubs … It can depend on the model. The Linx 8 can be charged from some hubs without changing any settings. The Link 7 is a little picky compared.

Didn't know that. I'm talking about the Linx 8. Do you know any particular hub that should work? Thanks!
dcx_badass

Otg y cable.

I was under the impression that the usb function can't be used while charging ?
dcx_badass

Why did you make this thread then?

I'm talking about the OTG Y cable you suggested, not about the hubs. And apparently I made this thread to learn something.
This one works for the Linx 8.

If you're trying to charge the Tablet while it's plugged into the hub then the tablet will lose power quicker than it can charge itself, but it doesn't power down the tablet when it's running low. So as long as you leave it alone while you're away then it will charge to 100%.
Anyone know of an alternative (proven to work on the 8" Linx) to the above that supplies enough power to prevent the battery from draining while in use?
Edited by: "steve252" 6th May 2015
steve252

Anyone know of an alternative (proven to work on the 8" Linx) to the … Anyone know of an alternative (proven to work on the 8" Linx) to the above that supplies enough power to prevent the battery from draining while in use?

There's a fix here (copied and pasted it on my recent Linx 8 thread via bit-tech forums/linxtablet.co.uk forums): hotukdeals.com/dea…230

Though there are warnings to be careful of BIOS settings on post #35. Proceed with caution I read that it's best using a 2amp 5v charger to ensure it supplies enough power.

(On my thread above) Linx 7 user pc5020 tried it and it works fine

As for the Linx 8, the BIOS settings are slightly different (mentioned on the post also) but it's verified working on the Linx 8 too, by bit-tech members.

Also, you could try turning Connected Standby off if you prefer that. forums.bit-tech.net/sho…217

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power. There is a … HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power. There is a DWORD called "CsEnabled" which you should find set to 1 and changing it to 0 will turn connected standby off.http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/incredible-battery-drain-during-connected-standby/92de7544-4514-40e8-b11d-3e18537f3de3

and another comment here hotukdeals.com/dea…608
Edited by: "louiselouise" 11th May 2015
steve252

Anyone know of an alternative (proven to work on the 8" Linx) to the … Anyone know of an alternative (proven to work on the 8" Linx) to the above that supplies enough power to prevent the battery from draining while in use?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power. There is a … HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power. There is a DWORD called "CsEnabled" which you should find set to 1 and changing it to 0 will turn connected standby off.http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/incredible-battery-drain-during-connected-standby/92de7544-4514-40e8-b11d-3e18537f3de3

Are you going to try one of these methods on yours?
steve252

Are you going to try one of these methods on yours?

I have a Linx 10, I have no need to do these fixes on mine
louiselouise

I have a Linx 10, I have no need to do these fixes on mine

Sorry, thought I saw on the other thread that you'd ordered one.
steve252

Sorry, thought I saw on the other thread that you'd ordered one.

Sorry I'd went to bed by the time you'd sent that Yes, my boyf is getting a Linx 8 (ordered Tuesday night, still waiting! But delivery to the Highlands can be erratic at times).
louiselouise

Sorry I'd went to bed by the time you'd sent that Yes, my boyf is … Sorry I'd went to bed by the time you'd sent that Yes, my boyf is getting a Linx 8 (ordered Tuesday night, still waiting! But delivery to the Highlands can be erratic at times).

Did you eventually get hands-on experience of simultaneous charging and USB on a Linx 8?
steve252

Did you eventually get hands-on experience of simultaneous charging and … Did you eventually get hands-on experience of simultaneous charging and USB on a Linx 8?

I'd love to tell you, but I broke my Linx 10 a few months ago
louiselouise

I'd love to tell you, but I broke my Linx 10 a few months ago

It's the Linx 8 I'm interested in, not the Linx 10. Previously you said "my boyf is getting a Linx 8" - ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants