Is there a way to make wired speakers wireless?

Found 3rd Jul
So I just bought myself Audioengine A2s. I'm trying to have a clean minimalistic setup but the wiring for this thing is crazy. Is it possible to give it a wireless transmitter or something so that it could act as a wireless speaker (simply connect through Bluetooth and change volume/play song etc)? Thanks!
Community Updates
AskElectronics
12 Comments
chromecast?
termite5 m ago

chromecast?

Few questions.

It requires internet, right?
I've got two speakers which need to be linked together, can that be done with Chromecast?
Is it possible to have my PC connected to the Chromecast at all times so all I have to do it turn on the PC and watch a video for the speakers to work?
Edited by: "sAmeri" 3rd Jul
sAmeri10 m ago

Few questions.It requires internet, right?I've got two speakers which need …Few questions.It requires internet, right?I've got two speakers which need to be linked together, can that be done with Chromecast?Is it possible to have my PC connected to the Chromecast at all times so all I have to do it turn on the PC and watch a video for the speakers to work?

chromecast audio has 3.5mm plug, if the speakers have suitable socket then you are away. You may have to select the chromecast when you select the video.
Bluetooth receiver
termite18 m ago

chromecast audio has 3.5mm plug, if the speakers have suitable socket then …chromecast audio has 3.5mm plug, if the speakers have suitable socket then you are away. You may have to select the chromecast when you select the video.

I don't think you understand exactly what I want, sorry if I didn't make it clear. I need consistent sound without having to separately cast every time I want audio. It should be an automatic thing, almost as if it was connected through a wire, I just don't want that wire there.
sAmeri11 m ago

I don't think you understand exactly what I want, sorry if I didn't make …I don't think you understand exactly what I want, sorry if I didn't make it clear. I need consistent sound without having to separately cast every time I want audio. It should be an automatic thing, almost as if it was connected through a wire, I just don't want that wire there.

There really isn't anything decent out there, every wireless design I've seen is pretty crap and has audio delays or has to be configured just right to work properly. Better off looking for flat cables that you can hide easily or connecting an old phone to the device so you can stream to it.
sAmeri3 h, 36 m ago

I don't think you understand exactly what I want, sorry if I didn't make …I don't think you understand exactly what I want, sorry if I didn't make it clear. I need consistent sound without having to separately cast every time I want audio. It should be an automatic thing, almost as if it was connected through a wire, I just don't want that wire there.

Bluetooth receivers should work better for that then, since Bluetooth will always be on and paired with your PC or mobile so you can just turn your PC on and any music played will be played through speakers wirelessly, just type "Bluetooth receiver HiFi" on amazon, and if you're worried about Bluetooth range, there are some super long Bluetooth ranged receivers there too, anyways this is what I did with my PC and 3020
Wire cutters?
sAmeri7 h, 52 m ago

I gave the solution earlier in the thread for less than a tenner ?
sAmeri9 h, 48 m ago

If that's what you want then you will have to put up with terrible sound and a bad connection.
What about something like logitech.com/en-…ter

I have the first version and it isn’t terrible. Going wireless is going to be a reduction in quality but it is all relative.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions