Groups

Is there a way to share an ethernet cable?

My friend got his 360 last year after me moaning at him to get one even though he being a freak when it came to the time spent on his comp anyway

He has a family computer downstairs and has an ethernet cable leading to his room

Now the problem is he never plays his 360 as he cannot be on both at the same time

My question is, is there some sort of splitter for a computer that allows him to use the computer + the 360 at the same time sharing the same net connection from the downstairs pc

Cheers

Daniel :santa:

13 Comments

Yup, Its called a router :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Iom-RF

Yup, Its called a router :thumbsup:

anything cheaper than that or is that the only thing

dandoc2

anything cheaper than that or is that the only thing

Only thing that allows a connection to be shared at the same time, Yes.

They're pretty cheap to, A wired router goes for around £8 on ebay. :thumbsup:

Something like this : Item number: 120153966483

Goes for pennies......

dandoc2

My friend got his 360 last year after me moaning at him to get one even … My friend got his 360 last year after me moaning at him to get one even though he being a freak when it came to the time spent on his comp anywayHe has a family computer downstairs and has an ethernet cable leading to his room Now the problem is he never plays his 360 as he cannot be on both at the same time My question is, is there some sort of splitter for a computer that allows him to use the computer + the 360 at the same time sharing the same net connection from the downstairs pc CheersDaniel :santa:

yes if his computer has 2 ethernet ports and you have a spare ethernet cable

cable from downstairs > PC > xbox

add-man

yes if his computer has 2 ethernet ports and you have a spare ethernet … yes if his computer has 2 ethernet ports and you have a spare ethernet cable

Good thinking batman!

either that or get a switch and connect the router to the switch with 1 cable and cables going to the PC and Xbox, should be cheaper than a router

switches are about the same price as routers

dfaz

switches are about the same price as routers

No they aren't - a router is more expensive as it has more functionality, a basic switch is cheaper.

When setting up Xbox network games I used to use a cheap switch like this:

ebuyer.com/UK/…063

You simply plug the existing cable in to function as the uplink and then you can plug in network devices as you want.

John

I can recommend Digi Dave on Ebay, they sell hundreds of routers each week and have good feedback.

I picked up my new one from them for £10 including delivery.

Money Spinning

I can recommend Digi Dave on Ebay, they sell hundreds of routers each … I can recommend Digi Dave on Ebay, they sell hundreds of routers each week and have good feedback.I picked up my new one from them for £10 including delivery.

ive seen em cheaper :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1750
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1928
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767279
      4. Spotify Family Premium share716

See more discussions