Is there a way to turn off the stock music player on Galaxy S3.....

....without having to go to application manager and force stopping it? It really annoys me just sitting there in the notifications bar, laughing at me.

Yeah, should have bought an iPhone.

31 Comments

should be able to stop it by changing the default music player app

Find a brick or large heavy object. Slam it into the phone until it stops making a noise.
Problem solved.

Banned

Should have bought an iPhone X)

2sly

Should have bought an iPhone X)

op has allready stated this.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your valuable input

I'll take them as a 'no' then shall I?

Original Poster

LDHughes

Find a brick or large heavy object. Slam it into the phone until it stops … Find a brick or large heavy object. Slam it into the phone until it stops making a noise.Problem solved.

Btw, they said they're giving me my money back. Had to sent photo ID. Waiting now.

deek72

Btw, they said they're giving me my money back. Had to sent photo ID. … Btw, they said they're giving me my money back. Had to sent photo ID. Waiting now.

Good to hear, I couldn't be arsed with it but got 30 of the 60 back, will still end up better off with a bit of luck.

Anyway, I found this:

Video

Still looking and having a play on my partners S2 as I can't see it being much different.

Edit: Just realised, are you on about closing the app or just stopping music?
Edited by moderator: "Oct 03, 2012 16:12" 3rd Oct 2012

Original Poster

LDHughes

Good to hear, I couldn't be arsed with it but got 30 of the 60 back, will … Good to hear, I couldn't be arsed with it but got 30 of the 60 back, will still end up better off with a bit of luck.Anyway, I found this:VideoStill looking and having a play on my partners S2 as I can't see it being much different.Edit: Just realised, are you on about closing the app or just stopping music?

Just closing the app altogether. All you can do is pause it, whereby it just stays in the notification bar. You have to go into apps manager and force stop it to remove it.

Banned

Deek, when music player is open, press the left soft key, there is an "end" option, job done

Original Poster

dbhoy

Deek, when music player is open, press the left soft key, there is an … Deek, when music player is open, press the left soft key, there is an "end" option, job done

You da Man! Cheers mate

Banned

deek72

You da Man! Cheers mate

No probs matey

deek72

Just closing the app altogether. All you can do is pause it, whereby it … Just closing the app altogether. All you can do is pause it, whereby it just stays in the notification bar. You have to go into apps manager and force stop it to remove it.

Within the app's settings is there a 'display in notification bar' option checked?
Edited by: "sancho1983" 3rd Oct 2012

Original Poster

sancho1983

Within the app's settings is the a 'display in notification bar' option … Within the app's settings is the a 'display in notification bar' option checked?

Can't see one but I'd rather have it in there now I know how to turn it off

my galaxy note starts the music player when i plug the earphones in.
anyone knows how i can stop it doing this?

Banned

mutley1

my galaxy note starts the music player when i plug the earphones … my galaxy note starts the music player when i plug the earphones in.anyone knows how i can stop it doing this?

If it's the same as S3, go to settings, accessory, earphones, untick audio applications

Original Poster

dga

You just drag and drop they said...You just change the default app they … You just drag and drop they said...You just change the default app they said...Inb4 "S3 + £200 for iPhone 5" thread.

What you on about Apple boy? The app does exactly what I wanted, it was just my old brain couldn't find it.

dbhoy

If it's the same as S3, go to settings, accessory, earphones, untick … If it's the same as S3, go to settings, accessory, earphones, untick audio applications

the note does not have the accessory menu from your list.

Banned

mutley1

the note does not have the accessory menu from your list.

Should be under the system options at the bottom of the settings list mate?

dbhoy

Should be under the system options at the bottom of the settings list … Should be under the system options at the bottom of the settings list mate?

not my phone. there is accessibility but that does not have earphones.

when your in the music app you press options then exit same as every other app

Banned

mutley1

not my phone. there is accessibility but that does not have earphones.

This is why I told you to buy the S3 , but seriously, I don't know then, should be similar as it'll be ics 4.0.4 on your phone I imagine so don't know why it isn't there mate, sorry.
Edited by: "dbhoy" 3rd Oct 2012

dbhoy

This is why I told you to buy the S3 , but seriously, I don't know … This is why I told you to buy the S3 , but seriously, I don't know then, should be similar as it'll be ics 4.0.4 on your phone I imagine so don't know why it isn't there mate, sorry.

s3 is not big enough for me mate.
to me, size does really matter. SRS.

Banned

mutley1

s3 is not big enough for me mate.to me, size does really matter. SRS.

I know, was joking oO but as I said, you should have ics 4.0.4 on phone so based on that, it should be under settings, scroll down to system, accessory, then untick headphones, android 4.0.4 or even android 4.0.3 is universal on Samsung phones unless they have tweaked it for the Note that I don't know of.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Could just open the multitasking panel (hold home button) and swipe them … Could just open the multitasking panel (hold home button) and swipe them away.

dcx_badass

Could just open the multitasking panel (hold home button) and swipe them … Could just open the multitasking panel (hold home button) and swipe them away.

Look at you! You're just sat there with your elbows in starting blocks, waiting to pounce on anything that isn't Apple.

Original Poster

dga

I'm bored

You like my new lappy? It's an imac

Give you something else to slate

Original Poster

dga

Give me an iclue?

I was listing the lenovo R61 thinkpads on ebay but the link wouldn't work. Mine looks good value in comparison.

dga

[quote=deek72] Joking aside my grandmother of 80 something years uses iOS … [quote=deek72] Joking aside my grandmother of 80 something years uses iOS without any issues, Android is a toy for kids pal.

If my parents wanted a smartphone I'd recommend them a iOS system as it works 'out of the box', which is perfect for them as they aren't computer literate. (I'm going to call **** on your Grandma using one though.)

However I am, so Android works for me. Different strokes for different folks...

As for being a 'toy for kids'... You really show yourself up there, you obviously haven't a clue.

It should be a toy for kids. It's an open OS system and the sooner UK children learn how to code for operating systems the better.

Of course, I come from the generation who spent time learning how to program a Sinclair Spectrum or a BBC B at home and school. So we now program the stuff you use...

We've had a lost generation who only 'know' how to use applications but not program, I'm glad that the Raspberry Pi and Arundino boards are as popular as the are now.

Give up the fanboy **** and get a open mind.

Sworld

If my parents wanted a smartphone I'd recommend them a iOS system as it … If my parents wanted a smartphone I'd recommend them a iOS system as it works 'out of the box', which is perfect for them as they aren't computer literate. (I'm going to call **** on your Grandma using one though.)However I am, so Android works for me. Different strokes for different folks...As for being a 'toy for kids'... You really show yourself up there, you obviously haven't a clue.It should be a toy for kids. It's an open OS system and the sooner UK children learn how to code for operating systems the better.Of course, I come from the generation who spent time learning how to program a Sinclair Spectrum or a BBC B at home and school. So we now program the stuff you use...We've had a lost generation who only 'know' how to use applications but not program, I'm glad that the Raspberry Pi and Arundino boards are as popular as the are now.Give up the fanboy **** and get a open mind.

I agree with everything you say about Android but if there was a way to describe dga 'computer illiterate' would not be one of them, have you read the HP microserver thread. Pretty sure he is the one who will trigger the singularity and destroy us all. X)

Bit weird he is so anti Android though as I would have thought such an open and flexible mobile OS would give him a semi. (_;)

dga

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk275/Mr_Sworld/fry.jpg

Banned

Calm down dear, I'm just winding Deek up

Original Poster

dga

Calm down dear, I'm just winding Deek up

No you're not
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846105
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2131
    3. Pink Balls510
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764051

See more discussions