Is there alternatvie to local storage look like plex

Found 17th Jul
I like the look of Plex the way it does thumbnails for you and info about films but don't want to go the cloud route, just a hard drive, what is the best options?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Local Plex Media Server ?
kester7637 m ago

Local Plex Media Server ?

I don't want to utilize internet
Synology NAS with DS Video is good
somerandomguy4 m ago

Synology NAS with DS Video is good

Don't want to utilize WiFi direct hardrice into TV box, computer it TV or whatever
Creatishh17th Jul

I don't want to utilize internet

Why would you need the internet except to scrape. I used to use xbmc/kodi on my n54l.
Kodi
Use kodi and a hard drive then.
kester7617th Jul

Why would you need the internet except to scrape. I used to use xbmc/kodi …Why would you need the internet except to scrape. I used to use xbmc/kodi on my n54l.

I am using this at the moment, so I have all my stuff showing up but how do i get the thumbnails on them without doing them myself? many thanks
Creatishh18th Jul

I am using this at the moment, so I have all my stuff showing up but how …I am using this at the moment, so I have all my stuff showing up but how do i get the thumbnails on them without doing them myself? many thanks

The same way it's been done for the last ten years, it's a basic function of kodi, Google it.
Creatishh18th Jul

I am using this at the moment, so I have all my stuff showing up but how …I am using this at the moment, so I have all my stuff showing up but how do i get the thumbnails on them without doing them myself? many thanks

You just scrape the directory for either music/music video/Film or TV series from what I remember. Plex is just a paid version of this so it's more automated.
Creatishh18th Jul

you need to have it connected to Internet. Plex/Kodi...whichever route you choose will need intenret access for the scraper to go off and fetch the thumbnails etc....
Uridium4 h, 57 m ago

you need to have it connected to Internet. Plex/Kodi...whichever route you …you need to have it connected to Internet. Plex/Kodi...whichever route you choose will need intenret access for the scraper to go off and fetch the thumbnails etc....

And the files need proper naming conventions for scrapers to work. I use therenamer for TV shows which is excellent.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants