is there any free parking near British museum on a Sunday?

Found 21st Mar 2015
planning to take the kids to the British museum on Sunday and was hoping if anyone can advise whether there's free parking walking distance to there. I've checked google maps but I can only see boards which state pay at machine or by phone without any times or days. Any help would be gratefully appreciated as the lady thing I want is to drive all the way there and then find parking to cost and arm and a leg.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Original Poster
Last thing not lady thing!
residential areas tend to be free at weekends. ..
look online
Original Poster
FMJ1000

look online

I have looked online
Banned
You can park Southampton Row, 5 minute walk. On Sunday take the risk and check the signs carefully. You'll be OK
Edited by: "Lyrrad" 22nd Mar 2015
Banned
Lyrrad

You can park Southampton Row, 5 minute walk. On Sunday take the risk and … You can park Southampton Row, 5 minute walk. On Sunday take the risk and check the signs carefully. You'll be OK

risky considering its sunday n perfect weather. Whats wrong using oyster?
Try an app called parkopedia it's on iOS not sure about others.

Good for finding car parks and cost.
There are a limited number of free parking spaces on the side streets in the New Oxford Street/High Holborn area on Sunday, but you'll need to get there early (around 9:00am) to nab them. Just make sure to double-check the signs as a good number of these spaces are resident-permit-only-at-any-time.
Original Poster
Thanks everyone went and found a space about 5 mins away there's actually a lot of free parking on Sunday. plus single yellow lines right outside the museum where loads of cars were parked.
did not expect that. i'm hesitant to take the car sometimes because you can be driving around for hours in the evening and weekends looking for parking in that part of town
Original Poster
I wasn't expecting it either thought we'd be driving round in circles waiting for someone to move off etc. found a space in seconds though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions