Is there any spider repellent? Need suggestions. I live in a basement so desperate

Posted 16th Jul
guys I'm looking for a spider repellent so suggest me something you might have tried?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
20 Comments
Apparently Peppermint Oil works, I have no first hand expirience with it though.
Do you have an infestation? Otherwise don't worry about the Common House Spider as they normally avoid Human contact. Having once been petrified of spiders understand your concern, but learnt to live with the arachnids. And yes we've had a pregnant female spider give birth to hundreds of live babies! (Three years in a row).

If you still detest spiders leave a dark space in a corner for the spiders.
nemesiz16/07/2020 22:55

Do you have an infestation? Otherwise don't worry about the Common House …Do you have an infestation? Otherwise don't worry about the Common House Spider as they normally avoid Human contact. Having once been petrified of spiders understand your concern, but learnt to live with the arachnids. And yes we've had a pregnant female spider give birth to hundreds of live babies! (Three years in a row).If you still detest spiders leave a dark space in a corner for the spiders.

My God man! That’s horrific! Burn the place down!
Indorex flea spray, we done the house for fleas and found the stuff kills all insects and spiders for months.
PAISAL16/07/2020 23:25

My God man! That’s horrific! Burn the place down!

Or preferably nuke it from space!
A cat
nemesiz16/07/2020 22:55

Do you have an infestation? Otherwise don't worry about the Common House …Do you have an infestation? Otherwise don't worry about the Common House Spider as they normally avoid Human contact. Having once been petrified of spiders understand your concern, but learnt to live with the arachnids. And yes we've had a pregnant female spider give birth to hundreds of live babies! (Three years in a row).If you still detest spiders leave a dark space in a corner for the spiders.

What am I reading don't do what this guy is doing. Just use those nets on your Windows and get out any current ones with a transparent jug and slide some cardboard underneath then take it out. You can try peppermint oil as suggested bit I've never tried that and I think there's a few more you could try and let us know what works
Kratos6916/07/2020 23:49

A cat

Cats are useless 😁 they play then destroy then leave it right in your walking path at 2am when you have no slippers on while going to the fridge for a drink.
Conkers are suppose to work. But will have to wait a few months.
deleted1451412
Whenever I see live in basement I wonder if this is a cry for help? Are you related to Geert van Dorsten?
StonkwellBogtrotter17/07/2020 06:23

Cats are useless 😁 they play then destroy then leave it right in your …Cats are useless 😁 they play then destroy then leave it right in your walking path at 2am when you have no slippers on while going to the fridge for a drink.

Ours just watches them, and if you're really lucky follow them - then he gets bored, and goes for a nap.
Leave the poor spiders alone, get rid of the spiders and you'll then have to deal with all the nasty creepy crawlies in your basement that they are eating.
melted17/07/2020 10:59

Leave the poor spiders alone, get rid of the spiders and you'll then have …Leave the poor spiders alone, get rid of the spiders and you'll then have to deal with all the nasty creepy crawlies in your basement that they are eating.

I’d sooner deal with the other nasties than spiders tbh nothing compares
I hear that spiders don't like Lavender, could be worth a try.
xenophon17/07/2020 06:38

Conkers are suppose to work. But will have to wait a few months.

They don't.
I brought about 300 conkers from a charity shop in Droitwich and left a cup full in all downstairs rooms last year.
I still have my spiders lining up in regiments this year!
I use peppermint oil and yes it seems to work for me. I also have those plug in rodent deterrents, I have 2 in my bedroom and I can't remember the last time I had a spider in my room. My son isn't bothered by spiders so doesn't use anything and frequently finds them in his room
ToastyBuns17/07/2020 20:25

I use peppermint oil and yes it seems to work for me. I also have those …I use peppermint oil and yes it seems to work for me. I also have those plug in rodent deterrents, I have 2 in my bedroom and I can't remember the last time I had a spider in my room. My son isn't bothered by spiders so doesn't use anything and frequently finds them in his room

Ultrasonic sounders do not work on derering mice of rats.....Yes I have tried them!
landros117/07/2020 20:13

They don't.I brought about 300 conkers from a charity shop in Droitwich …They don't.I brought about 300 conkers from a charity shop in Droitwich and left a cup full in all downstairs rooms last year.I still have my spiders lining up in regiments this year!

landros117/07/2020 20:13

They don't.I brought about 300 conkers from a charity shop in Droitwich …They don't.I brought about 300 conkers from a charity shop in Droitwich and left a cup full in all downstairs rooms last year.I still have my spiders lining up in regiments this year!

Lemon. Spiders taste through their legs and are repelled by lemon. Get rid of any cardboard - spiders love the stuff!
Conkors are supposed to do something.
Post a comment
@
    Text