Groups

is there any tax rebate for those who wear uniform to work. i had read it on huld earlier and now cnt find that thread

Tax rebate for uniform wearer at work

14 Comments

could try moneysavingexpert.com you should find the information on there

Yes you get 60 quid tax free bonus if you wash your own uniform. There may be more to it than that, but that's the basics.

faah1

https://www.gov.uk/tax-relief-for-employees/uniforms-work-clothing-and-tools

​ah great thanks for that just realised my hubby can claim £80 which we've missed for the last 10 years oO had no idea until I read this thread that such a thing was possible. this is for employed as well as self employed right?

Original Poster

Thank you all for the information:) god bless

Do you have to claim each year?

adhkarzf

ah great thanks for that just realised my hubby can claim £80 which we've … ah great thanks for that just realised my hubby can claim £80 which we've missed for the last 10 years oO had no idea until I read this thread that such a thing was possible. this is for employed as well as self employed right?

Yes you can get it if you are employed. You can also have it backdated, I think either 3 or 5 years. Write a letter to your tax office that deals with your PAYE. You need to state that you are responsible for the washing or dry cleaning.

lynsaydyson

Do you have to claim each year?

No, it just carries forward to the next yearly tax code.

t_kaay

Yes you can get it if you are employed. You can also have it backdated, I … Yes you can get it if you are employed. You can also have it backdated, I think either 3 or 5 years. Write a letter to your tax office that deals with your PAYE. You need to state that you are responsible for the washing or dry cleaning.

​thank you so much in going to call them up on Monday first and take it from there.

little help please I'm filling it on online and when it asks flat rate I click on yes. hubby's eligible for £80 so under that it asks how much claimed. he's not claimed anything so do I write £0 or the amount he's eligible for as I'm slightly confused and they have no help on the form. thank you (quite good you can claim back for 5 years so glad I came across the thread). why doesn't anyone tell you these things when your start employment?

for anyone else wondering you need to put in the amount you want to claim so in my instance £80

thought it was £60 not £80? and not available if employer offers dry cleaning for uniform.

Thanks for reminding me about this, I've changed jobs and wear a uniform again so will come in handy.
    Last time sadly I just got a letter back saying they've changed my tax code so will be paying less tax until they've paid me back. Which I thought was stupid.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick22

See more discussions