Expired

is there any tv box to play live football by streaming etc?

Found 23rd Oct 2013
i am tired of watching live la liga games on computer. i am looking for a tv box which can play the internet content to watch live football on tv without paying any cost. Help really appreciated. thanks
Community Updates
34 Comments
What you need is one of those fancy Sky boxes or Virgin Media boxes and then add the sky sports bundle like the rest of us. Police are shutting down the free football feeds.
djwilliams100

What you need is one of those fancy Sky boxes or Virgin Media boxes and … What you need is one of those fancy Sky boxes or Virgin Media boxes and then add the sky sports bundle like the rest of us. Police are shutting down the free football feeds.

ya, but they are very expensive. thanks for info anyways.
bluebindy123

http://thelittleblackbox.eu/

thanks, i will have a look.
how much and where can you get it?
The lbb is not the answer, it's xbmc, which can be installed on many devices, including the lbb
tell me more
bubblegum2910

The lbb is not the answer, it's xbmc, which can be installed on many … The lbb is not the answer, it's xbmc, which can be installed on many devices, including the lbb

thanks but didn't understand , could you explain it for me plz
Plug your computer into TV
Teezgaff

Plug your computer into TV

ya. that's what i am tired of. and the pixels aren't great too. any other ideas. thanks
What sites are you using to stream? I have a laptop plugged into 50" panny plasma n pic is fine.
Teezgaff

What sites are you using to stream? I have a laptop plugged into 50" … What sites are you using to stream? I have a laptop plugged into 50" panny plasma n pic is fine.

i watch it on p2p ,rojadirect , firstrow etc. if you have better one. plz let me know.
Edited by: "ms024" 23rd Oct 2013
Try viplivesports.eu/ Alpha tv links usually have a decent feed.
Teezgaff

Try http://www.viplivesports.eu/ Alpha tv links usually have a decent … Try http://www.viplivesports.eu/ Alpha tv links usually have a decent feed.

thanks a lot, looks much much better than i usually see. i will soon watch barcavsreal on this one. thanks again.
No worries, just remember to maximise the screens to get rid of the ads.
Edited by: "Teezgaff" 23rd Oct 2013
bubblegum2910

The lbb is not the answer, it's xbmc, which can be installed on many … The lbb is not the answer, it's xbmc, which can be installed on many devices, including the lbb

I was almost about to buy a lbb for £99. Nephew was going to set it up for me.

Is the xbmc simpler to set up on the TV ?
dcx_badass

Xbmc is free software that runs on the lbb. The lbb is just an old … Xbmc is free software that runs on the lbb. The lbb is just an old geniatech atv510 which has been £50 for a long time now. The much faster dual core atv1200 is only £62http://ebuyer.com/501755Absolutely mental if you pay that much for a lbb.

Many thanks. I have typed many of the items mentioned, in ebuyer but not finding these items in there.......
Edited by: "iglimpse" 24th Oct 2013
Just type 501755 into search bar on ebuyer.
Actual Link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DroidBOX-iMX6-XBMC-Android-TV-Jailbr0ken-Midnight-MX2-Sports-SKY-ADULT-G-Box-/171146062702

This is what I have, came pre installed with xbmc, runs a dream and has other updates each day, no need to update anything.
Add on iplayer app etc and it's an all in one box.

are these droid boxes easy to use? i want something where i can watch any tv programme or film and football that i want i currently have all the sky packages but was interested in this are they easy to use, set up all channels etc....

thanks for your help
In a word yes.
Why not run xbmc on a raspberry pi, you can pick one up for less than £30 plug it into a usb port on the back of your tv and away you go. There are 100's of video tutorials on you tube. xunitytalk.com is a good site to help you with setup and add ons etc.
Once you start to play with xbmc you will realise how good it is and will become hooked.
wodmmm

Why not run xbmc on a raspberry pi, you can pick one up for less than £30 … Why not run xbmc on a raspberry pi, you can pick one up for less than £30 plug it into a usb port on the back of your tv and away you go. There are 100's of video tutorials on you tube. xunitytalk.com is a good site to help you with setup and add ons etc. Once you start to play with xbmc you will realise how good it is and will become hooked.

I just tried xbmc on my pc via XBMC FRODO then xbmchub wizard to add sportsdevil, icefilms etc

been trying to get a link on the arsenal match for half an hour now but none of them work

tried firstrow, vip etc etc and links appear but when clicked just states WORKING for a few seconds but never shows any actual footage
Edited by: "csiman" 26th Oct 2013
got it working eventually

how anyone can watch sport with poor quality video like vip, firstrow etc is beyond me
dcx_badass

Xbmc is free software that runs on the lbb. The lbb is just an old … Xbmc is free software that runs on the lbb. The lbb is just an old geniatech atv510 which has been £50 for a long time now. The much faster dual core atv1200 is only £62http://ebuyer.com/501755Absolutely mental if you pay that much for a lbb.

link doesnt work
XBMCHUB discussion:-

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/09/17/ouya-the-best-hardware-option-for-running-xbmc/

"We tested the Pivos XIOS DS, OUYA gaming console, Jynxbox Android HD, G-Box Midnight MX2, The Little Black Box, as well as several other Geniatech models and random Android boxes. Most of the devices failed our general consumer satisfaction tests quite miserably, meaning we’d be really **** off if we were to have purchased one for ourselves, or even worse perhaps for a family member who would end up calling off the hook for technical support.

The one thing that was quite clear in all of our tests: the OUYA gaming console is far superior to any Android based hardware device on the market, hardware and software-wise. Definitely the only device that we’ll recommend to anyone right now. It’s an esthetically beautiful looking device that’s actually quite tiny, the remote controller is easy to use and even features a built-in touchpad, and it works flawlessly. It even has a custom build of XBMC for OUYA available directly through the device’s software menu right off the bat, no technical experience needed whatsoever, just click the install button from the OUYA play store. It plays the video beautifully, even HD contest works great."
Edited by: "csiman" 28th Oct 2013
dcx_badass

Unless somethings changed the Ouya doesn't support anything more than … Unless somethings changed the Ouya doesn't support anything more than stereo audio...

back to the drawing board then. Seems there isnt anything around the £60-£70 mark that fits the bill to run XBMC perfectly

I just want a box to replace my wdtv live smp.......(i.e. runs xbmc flawlessly and can read my 1TB HDD media files (mkv, ac3 mainly)
csiman

back to the drawing board then. Seems there isnt anything around the … back to the drawing board then. Seems there isnt anything around the £60-£70 mark that fits the bill to run XBMC perfectly :(I just want a box to replace my wdtv live smp.......(i.e. runs xbmc flawlessly and can read my 1TB HDD media files (mkv, ac3 mainly)

My pi does this for me, streams live tv and online content. I agree that there are poor streams out there, there are also good ones including ntv and offside streams.
wodmmm

My pi does this for me, streams live tv and online content. I agree that … My pi does this for me, streams live tv and online content. I agree that there are poor streams out there, there are also good ones including ntv and offside streams.

but its not powerful enough to run xbmc 12 properly
csiman

csiman

what do you mean? Mine all appear to be running Frodo properly. I have overclocked them and have them running off usb sticks. They sync with each other and the ones running on windows 7 and 8 using mysql. I have not noticed any differences between their performances. My Sony tv remote even controls it too.

IMO you can't go wrong with a RPi, it is within your budget, and ticks all your boxes
wodmmm

what do you mean? Mine all appear to be running Frodo properly. I have … what do you mean? Mine all appear to be running Frodo properly. I have overclocked them and have them running off usb sticks. They sync with each other and the ones running on windows 7 and 8 using mysql. I have not noticed any differences between their performances. My Sony tv remote even controls it too.IMO you can't go wrong with a RPi, it is within your budget, and ticks all your boxes

hmm, interesting

thought I read it had performance issues with latest xbmc

so I just need to buy a pi and stick xbmc on it and thats it?

cheers
csiman

hmm, interestingthought I read it had performance issues with latest … hmm, interestingthought I read it had performance issues with latest xbmcso I just need to buy a pi and stick xbmc on it and thats it?cheers

It works great straight out of the box so to speak, there are also lots of cool things you can do too. This guys youtube channel is pretty good youtube.com/use…lee and covers everything from best power supplies and flash drives etc to use with the RPi, overclocking and Add-ons. Well worth a watch before you make your mind up.
wodmmm

It works great straight out of the box so to speak, there are also lots … It works great straight out of the box so to speak, there are also lots of cool things you can do too. This guys youtube channel is pretty good http://www.youtube.com/user/whufclee and covers everything from best power supplies and flash drives etc to use with the RPi, overclocking and Add-ons. Well worth a watch before you make your mind up.

Thanks very much

will have a look
csiman

got it working eventuallyhow anyone can watch sport with poor quality … got it working eventuallyhow anyone can watch sport with poor quality video like vip, firstrow etc is beyond me

It's called poverty

For watching sports I would rather buy dreambox or similar linux-powered sat receiver
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants