Found 13th Dec 2016
Normally we connect our mobile with tv using home WiFi. There are different apps that do it
I have unlimited mobile data and want to connect to tv using Mobile data( not WiFi )
by connect means want to see mobile screen on TV
is that possible guys?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
20 Comments

Miracast. Dose you phone and TV both have Miracast built in. Use that

It isn't quite clear what you are asking. Do you want to use your phone but have it mirror its display on the TV? This is easy to do for many phones. Some more detail such as phone and TV type would be useful.

Original Poster

scoopsuk

It isn't quite clear what you are asking. Do you want to use your phone … It isn't quite clear what you are asking. Do you want to use your phone but have it mirror its display on the TV? This is easy to do for many phones. Some more detail such as phone and TV type would be useful.

​hi got samsung j5 tv is Panasonic

What phone you got?

Original Poster

wayners

Miracast. Dose you phone and TV both have Miracast built in. Use that

​miracast is that a app

Original Poster

graura13

What phone you got?

​samsung j5

Basically you want to connect phone to TV and use mobile data.. Are you really unlimited? If so the Miracast will do it. Many devices these days have Miracast built-in. The other way is to get an adapter to plug in hdmi TV port. This will depend on which phone you have as there are a few different sorts. I would go with Miracast though. Post you phone and TV models for more more specific help if you get stuck.

If you want your TV to use your mobile data you can setup your phone as a mobile hot spot in the settings but make sure you are allowed tethering and connect the TV to the WiFi hotspot you just created on the phone

No Miracast with Samsung j5.. You need a MHL micro USB to HDMI converter and a hdmi lead. Cheap enough on amazon or ebay. Get the one that works with you phone. Not sure how well it will work though as a low spec phone

Original Poster

wayners

No Miracast with Samsung j5.. You need a MHL micro USB to HDMI … No Miracast with Samsung j5.. You need a MHL micro USB to HDMI converter and a hdmi lead. Cheap enough on amazon or ebay. Get the one that works with you phone. Not sure how well it will work though as a low spec phone

​thank you very well explained

Original Poster

megazoid

If you want your TV to use your mobile data you can setup your phone as a … If you want your TV to use your mobile data you can setup your phone as a mobile hot spot in the settings but make sure you are allowed tethering and connect the TV to the WiFi hotspot you just created on the phone

​tethering is not unlimited

m40

​tethering is not unlimited

If you have (genuinely) unlimited on-handset data allowance, that can be expanded to unlimited tethering when using FoxFi hotspot on an Android handset.

​Don't think using the adapter is classed as tethering though? Tethering is using phone as a mobile Internet connection via USB port.. Or to put another way, transferring an internet connection to another device, this is just sending a Tv signal to tv via hdmi adaptor.

I'm not sure I understand fully, but I usually use my chromecast device and cast screen on my normal TV. On the 4K one I can mirror the screen but don't need an app (I have a Samsung S5) - there is a function on it that allows me to mirror the screen without an app. Not sure if that helps, I've heard the J5 isn't that far off a S5 so guessing the programmes are the same.

Original Poster

Nshizzle

I'm not sure I understand fully, but I usually use my chromecast device … I'm not sure I understand fully, but I usually use my chromecast device and cast screen on my normal TV. On the 4K one I can mirror the screen but don't need an app (I have a Samsung S5) - there is a function on it that allows me to mirror the screen without an app. Not sure if that helps, I've heard the J5 isn't that far off a S5 so guessing the programmes are the same.

​s5 is hell lot of phone compare to j5
mirror screen fuction work with WiFi not without it

Original Poster

wayners

​Don't think using the adapter is classed as tethering though? Tethering i … ​Don't think using the adapter is classed as tethering though? Tethering is using phone as a mobile Internet connection via USB port.. Or to put another way, transferring an internet connection to another device, this is just sending a Tv signal to tv via hdmi adaptor.

​is it anyhow can be connected with Bluetooth

m40

​is it anyhow can be connected with Bluetooth

​No, not with steaming video and audio. Bluetooth is more for a mouse or keyboard. Music to headphones. Low data usage hardware.

amazon firestick does this I think.

m40

I have unlimited mobile data and want to connect to tv using Mobile data( … I have unlimited mobile data and want to connect to tv using Mobile data( not WiFi )by connect means want to see mobile screen on TVis that possible guys?

Is it possible? Android is probably flexible enough to create a proxy/VPN to route the mirror/casting app over the internet to a second internet connection plugged into your TV via ethernet.

Although you might have the create a fake wi-fi device on the phone to stop the app complaining it's not enabled/in use.

So yeah, I would say it's likely possible. I wouldn't expect it to be simple given how strange a request it is, and there are almost certainly easier ways to achieve whatever result you're after.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

Is it possible? Android is probably flexible enough to create a proxy/VPN … Is it possible? Android is probably flexible enough to create a proxy/VPN to route the mirror/casting app over the internet to a second internet connection plugged into your TV via ethernet.Although you might have the create a fake wi-fi device on the phone to stop the app complaining it's not enabled/in use.So yeah, I would say it's likely possible. I wouldn't expect it to be simple given how strange a request it is, and there are almost certainly easier ways to achieve whatever result you're after.

​thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247646
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1668
    3. Tickets on Sky VIP app33
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming1119

See more discussions