Expired

Is there any way of getting a discount at John Lewis?

Found 15th Sep 2012
We want to buy a sofa we've seen in John Lewis and I was wondering if anyone knew a way of getting a discount? They never have codes etc but I've looked at cashback sites, my work "discount portal" etc... nothing! Any ideas? Thanks!
Community Updates
Top comments
Shoplift.
15 Comments
John lewis in my opinions and experience offer the best service and customer care anyway. I would buy from them without looking for a code.

Only thing you can do is try to find the sofa elsewhere cheaper and get JL to price match it.
Get a job with them until Christmas After three months' continuous service, all Partners are entitled to full discount in John Lewis and Waitrose on most products. The discount rates in John Lewis are 12 per cent and 25 per cent depending on the product.
Ask someone for staff discount or try and find a price match are your best bets.
Shoplift.
Flash the bf's warrant card perhaps?
Buy JL vouchers from ebay but try not to use Sickly Sweet's seller oO

(_;)
They asked if me I wanted to price match but I presumed as it was a "John Lewis" sofa, I couldn't exactly ask them to price match with an Asda sofa!!
Pretty tough to shoplift a sofa!
backtothecaves

Pretty tough to shoplift a sofa!

Get a bigger jumper.
Not a discount but go through maximiles for reward points? Get a JL credit card for reward points?
Does anyone know if i am able to use my John Lewis discount and use their price match service at the same time?
danielrobson50

Does anyone know if i am able to use my John Lewis discount and use their … Does anyone know if i am able to use my John Lewis discount and use their price match service at the same time?

Your discount? As in partnership discount?
DeusVentus

Your discount? As in partnership discount?

Yeah the partnership discount
danielrobson50

If only you knew someone that worked at a JL owned company...
danielrobson50

If you are buying online, your patnership discount will get applied at checkout and then your price match difference will be lowered to the greater value.

Alternatively, if in store, I'm sure your discount applied after the price match has been applied.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants