Is there any way of getting kodi on smart tv as an app?

LocalFound 4th Jan 2016
Hi. Is there any way of getting kodi on a smart tv as an app without tv boxes or amazon fire stick tv?

i have a panasonic viera smart tv.

Thank you for your help
Community Updates
AskTV & VideoAppKodi
10 Comments
May work on an Android TV, definitely not on a "Smart" one with their own OS. Even then it may lag more than a android device/firestick.
Have a look on you tube, there is a video for installing kodi on Samsung smart TV
Postie

Have a look on you tube, there is a video for installing kodi on Samsung … Have a look on you tube, there is a video for installing kodi on Samsung smart TV

The one for the Samsung "normal smart" is a fake video if you read the comments. As kiish says you can on an Android Os tv, though some issues where reported with the 1st gen Sony's (3D not working some dolby options not working)though it seems to be fine on the 2nd gen (the ones with the MediaTek's MT5595 chip)
One option but it is not a "native" option is to stream kodi to the tv from something else (lots of different ways and devices to do this)
I've bought the amazon fire stick tv and put kodi, mobdro on it. it works well. Thanks
shahid36

I've bought the amazon fire stick tv and put kodi, mobdro on it. it works … I've bought the amazon fire stick tv and put kodi, mobdro on it. it works well. Thanks

Always great for someone to update the thread with what they went with
Will a loaded fiestick work on Pansonic 4k smart tv?
Please someone answer Yes or NO.
I bought MXpro and it worked brilliantly on non smart tv now nothing!I am therfore thinking of buying amazonfire stick with Kodi wil this now work on my smart tv or will panasonic block it
i dont see how a smart tv can block the content coming in through a hdmi?
Forget firestick use a Rasberry Pi Kodi runs on that fine and it has HDMI and you're not lining the pockets of the corporates. Plus it is more flexible and better.
I have kodi running natively on my Sony TV which has Android TV built in.

Don't think there is any other way
aberman

Will a loaded fiestick work on Pansonic 4k smart tv?Please someone answer … Will a loaded fiestick work on Pansonic 4k smart tv?Please someone answer Yes or NO.I bought MXpro and it worked brilliantly on non smart tv now nothing!I am therfore thinking of buying amazonfire stick with Kodi wil this now work on my smart tv or will panasonic block it

​Simple answer, yea.

Kodi may be blocked by your Internet provider like Virgin media.

I bought a simple..standard Amazon Fire TV stick and downloaded kodi onto it (Very easy to do, plenty of youtube show you exactly what to do with step by steps).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions