Is there any way to cancel my 24 months o2 phone contract without paying?

Found 26th Sep 2012
I am on a 24 month o2 contract with my Blackberry Bold phone (which I stupidly rushed into buying) and I have 10 months left of the contract. I pay £24 amonth...dont really want to pay £240 just to cancel.

I really want another phone, is there any way of cancelling the contract without paying whats left of my contract?
Community Updates
19 Comments
I don't think so. You'll just have to pay up if you want to cancel early.
Sell the phone and buy the phone you want outright?
Lol
What phone do you want? If it were me I would pay the £240, then wait a week or so, ring them asking to cancel. They will then ask why and put you through to retentions, who will do pretty much anything for you, i.e, give you the phone you want.

Other than that, no there is no way, unless they change the Ts and Cs.
phones 4 u buy you out of your contracts, you could just do that and get a really low deal with them?
Edited by: "gardinator" 26th Sep 2012
You may be able to switch to a lower cost tariff and then buy yourself out of it.
A contract is a contract. You're paying for the cost of the phone.

If you signed a contract for a £1200 TV at £100 a month, Then decided you didn't want to pay anymore after 6 months, You think Brighthouse would be ok with that?
Fake your death and change your identity.
Have a sex change op and call yourself barbara
Where do you think the phone companies make the money for the cost of the phone? It isn't from the grand total of naff all that you pay for it.
Edited by: "jonny619447" 26th Sep 2012
a contract is a contract
mattpreston11

A contract is a contract. You're paying for the cost of the phone.If you … A contract is a contract. You're paying for the cost of the phone.If you signed a contract for a £1200 TV at £100 a month, Then decided you didn't want to pay anymore after 6 months, You think Brighthouse would be ok with that?

wrong!!!! a contract is only a contract for them, if they want to change the contract they can u can not

try burning down the local store, it will not get u out of your contract but u may feel better
miles136

wrong!!!! a contract is only a contract for them, if they want to change … wrong!!!! a contract is only a contract for them, if they want to change the contract they can u can nottry burning down the local store, it will not get u out of your contract but u may feel better

If they change the terms of the contract unreasonably then you have the right to cancel. Some firms state in the contract that they will sometimes raise the cost in line with inflation. You agree to that when you sign up. If they raise it above inflation you have every right to assume the contract void.
jonny619447

If they change the terms of the contract unreasonably then you have the … If they change the terms of the contract unreasonably then you have the right to cancel. Some firms state in the contract that they will sometimes raise the cost in line with inflation. You agree to that when you sign up. If they raise it above inflation you have every right to assume the contract void.

jonny I still think they rip u off
miles136

jonny I still think they rip u off

But its what the consumer signs up for. If you think the consumer is getting ripped off, you are basically saying the consumer rips themselves off.
i came out three contract last year, just kept saying i had no internet and the call center offered cash back on line rental but i said i had no internet so they took the phone back and cancelled the line. Thanks to three excellent overseas service!!!
2sly

Fake your death and change your identity.

Or don't fake it, just kill yourself. That will get you out of all your other commitments as a bonus.
thats the price you pay for having a blackberry.

always buy your mobile outright in the first place, unless youre a pauper
gardinator

phones 4 u buy you out of your contracts, you could just do that and get … phones 4 u buy you out of your contracts, you could just do that and get a really low deal with them?

they wont pay 10 months of maybe 3 months thats what they told me anyway
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants