Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 10 September 2021

Is there any way to contact a real person in Hermes parcels?

How to contact a customer care agent in hermes parcels. Their phone number, live chat all over a robot set up. No real person to contact about my order . For last 4 days there is no update of my parcel. I just hate Hermes

3791509-XwoCn.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

35 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It’s not your responsibility to chase it, go back to the seller and get them to do it.
    sm969010/09/2021 14:11

I'm just giving a different side.....you always hear about the negatives …I'm just giving a different side.....you always hear about the negatives but never the positives

So few of them. It's hardly a story if 'courier delivers item as per their contract' is it?

That's their job!!!
    Email the CEO Martin de Lange. I have had to do this on numerous occasions. He will either contact you himself or delegate it to his staff who will contact you either by phone or email. Contacting CEO always works. I have told him in no uncertain terms what I think about Hermes delivery staff. He has apologised and liaised with the relevant staff to sort the problems out.
    Author
    iang00710/09/2021 13:01

Snap! I never found a way to contact them, didn’t reply on social media or …Snap! I never found a way to contact them, didn’t reply on social media or to email

I don’t know how this rubbish courier exists in UK
    I always cancel an order when they intend to use this delivery firm and shop elsewhere. good luck. i dont understand sellers using this service when there's a good chance the item wont be delivered and end up in an auction house.
    tardytortoise10/09/2021 13:01

Sounds weird I know, but many firms have not found a way of answering old …Sounds weird I know, but many firms have not found a way of answering old fashioned manuscript letters other than by a human being. No real harm in trying this method, but don't hold your breath.

Just don't send the letter to them using Hermes
    Sounds weird I know, but many firms have not found a way of answering old fashioned manuscript letters other than by a human being. No real harm in trying this method, but don't hold your breath.
    Your parcel is probably gone forever.
    UEFI10/09/2021 13:12

I always cancel an order when they intend to use this delivery firm and …I always cancel an order when they intend to use this delivery firm and shop elsewhere. good luck. i dont understand sellers using this service when there's a good chance the item wont be delivered and end up in an auction house.

I get loads of deliveries (4 this week alone) via hermes and never had an issue
    sm969010/09/2021 13:48

I get loads of deliveries (4 this week alone) via hermes and never had an …I get loads of deliveries (4 this week alone) via hermes and never had an issue

Good for you. But for the rest of us ....
    Gollywood10/09/2021 14:10

I'm just giving a different side.....you always hear about the negatives but never the positives
    UEFI10/09/2021 13:12

I always cancel an order when they intend to use this delivery firm and …I always cancel an order when they intend to use this delivery firm and shop elsewhere. good luck. i dont understand sellers using this service when there's a good chance the item wont be delivered and end up in an auction house.

Yep don't know why companies use this firm, when the parcels gets lost, left out in all weathers or not delivered.Still these clowns make royal mail look good lol
    If it's a purchase then the seller should refund/replace you and its up to them to chase hermes!

The contract of purchase isn't fulfilled until you receive your item
    Snap! I never found a way to contact them, didn’t reply on social media or to email
    Author
    purplescooby10/09/2021 13:01

Email the CEO Martin de Lange. I have had to do this on numerous …Email the CEO Martin de Lange. I have had to do this on numerous occasions. He will either contact you himself or delegate it to his staff who will contact you either by phone or email. Contacting CEO always works. I have told him in no uncertain terms what I think about Hermes delivery staff. He has apologised and liaised with the relevant staff to sort the problems out.

Did that . The stuff replied . Then again disappeared. No answer
    I've tried twitter before, they take like 3 days to reply, but got a refund for a non collected parcel once.
    there's a contact page on hermes' site - i guess if you choose the 'right' option you'd get a human to contact you (from memory i think they emailed me then phoned me)

maybe i was lucky!

myhermes.co.uk/hel…-us
    The message you see the parcel was lost/probably stolen as it happened to mine. there is nothing you can do, but put a claim through for missing parcel. Hopefully whoever is the owner of it has insurance, otherwise will be refunded £25...
    Gollywood10/09/2021 14:10

Yep a rare exception lol
    Gollywood10/09/2021 14:12

So few of them. It's hardly a story if 'courier delivers item as per …So few of them. It's hardly a story if 'courier delivers item as per their contract' is it?That's their job!!!

I disagree that there's so few of them. I have never had a problem with them and I'm talking 100+ parcels.

They are rated as 4.4 on Trustpilot - higher customer rating than almost every other courier. Most discussion sites and forums only discuss bad experiences. You don't come on to talk about how someone does their job so most folk don't factor in the happy customers.

Hundreds of negative experiences of every courier. I had Royal Mail deliver 17 of my letters and parcels to the wrong address in August alone. Doesn't mean they are useless - many millions of people get their letters and parcels accurately everyday.
    newbie6810/09/2021 19:11

I disagree that there's so few of them. I have never had a problem with …I disagree that there's so few of them. I have never had a problem with them and I'm talking 100+ parcels. They are rated as 4.4 on Trustpilot - higher customer rating than almost every other courier. Most discussion sites and forums only discuss bad experiences. You don't come on to talk about how someone does their job so most folk don't factor in the happy customers. Hundreds of negative experiences of every courier. I had Royal Mail deliver 17 of my letters and parcels to the wrong address in August alone. Doesn't mean they are useless - many millions of people get their letters and parcels accurately everyday.

Try this one lol uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com much more representative of my experiences with them. These are people who post about Hermes on the wrong site by their own volition, not those that Hermes carefully invite for a review to their correct site. (edited)
    Gollywood10/09/2021 14:12

So few of them. It's hardly a story if 'courier delivers item as per …So few of them. It's hardly a story if 'courier delivers item as per their contract' is it?That's their job!!!

Yep some people act like it's a great achievement if a courier driver actually does their job for a change! Don't get why they think that.
    gazdoubleu10/09/2021 20:49

Try this one lol https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.hermes.com much more …Try this one lol https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.hermes.com much more representative of my experiences with them. These are people who post about Hermes on the wrong site by their own volition, not those that Hermes carefully invite for a review to their correct site.

I understand you have had bad experiences with them, as have thousands more.... BUT.. It is the same with every courier company....

It never ceases to amaze me that parallels are drawn based on personal experiences. If I was so blind to reality I would say that Royal Mail are rubbish, as I'm having a dreadful experience with them.... But I actually recognise that they have millions of happy customers, as do ALL couriers. If they were truly dreadful to all or even a significant minority they wudnt be in business
    newbie6810/09/2021 21:21

I understand you have had bad experiences with them, as have thousands …I understand you have had bad experiences with them, as have thousands more.... BUT.. It is the same with every courier company....It never ceases to amaze me that parallels are drawn based on personal experiences. If I was so blind to reality I would say that Royal Mail are rubbish, as I'm having a dreadful experience with them.... But I actually recognise that they have millions of happy customers, as do ALL couriers. If they were truly dreadful to all or even a significant minority they wudnt be in business

Maybe, read the op's title.That'll give you a clue.

Ive had a few problems with other couriers but many with Hermes and it says a lot when the only way to contact them in person is via the CEO.

Its really not the same with every courier but I expect some are as bad but then I've never had the displeasure of dealing with them.

google.com/amp…tml (edited)
    gazdoubleu10/09/2021 21:34

Maybe, read the op's title.That'll give you a clue.Ive had a few problems …Maybe, read the op's title.That'll give you a clue.Ive had a few problems with other couriers but many with Hermes and it says a lot when the only way to contact them in person is via the CEO. Its really not the same with every courier but I expect some are as bad but then I've never had the displeasure of dealing with them.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8011193/amp/DOMINIC-LAWSON-long-sack-Hermes.html

No contesting that it's shocking that customers can't contact a company. It's one reason I wudnt use them ever to send a parcel. I'm not in control of who to receive parcels from, but I'm simply pointing out that I have never had a problem with them and I have had problems with others... That's how it goes. Everyone's experience is different.

17 letters in wrong post box in 1 month!.... And it's a problem spanning years.... Usually only 3-6 per month. Its bad when that's the norm.

Forums are littered with every courier company being slaughtered for shocking service. Aside from the lack of contact (and yes... That's a game changer for me) they are likely no worse or better than the next one... That is... If u were able to survey every individual. Exceptions aside, only the unhappy leave reviews or complain on forums. They are not a benchmark for assessing quality alone. Only a fool does that.
    newbie6810/09/2021 21:48

No contesting that it's shocking that customers can't contact a company. …No contesting that it's shocking that customers can't contact a company. It's one reason I wudnt use them ever to send a parcel. I'm not in control of who to receive parcels from, but I'm simply pointing out that I have never had a problem with them and I have had problems with others... That's how it goes. Everyone's experience is different.17 letters in wrong post box in 1 month!.... And it's a problem spanning years.... Usually only 3-6 per month. Its bad when that's the norm.Forums are littered with every courier company being slaughtered for shocking service. Aside from the lack of contact (and yes... That's a game changer for me) they are likely no worse or better than the next one... That is... If u were able to survey every individual. Exceptions aside, only the unhappy leave reviews or complain on forums. They are not a benchmark for assessing quality alone. Only a fool does that.

Now you really are being contradictory, fools rely on forums, "It never ceases to amaze me that parallels are drawn based on personal experiences"

So if my personal experience and forums are congruent, that's still not ok then?

How about detailed employee reviews? uk.indeed.com/cmp…ier

or maybe Watchdog reporters?
    bbc.co.uk/pro…ies

They definitely have the driver geolocation service, I can vouch for that. Fat lot of good it did though as my driver still recorded numerous fake collection/delivery attempts on this one and only by going back to the seller did I actually get a resolution. Btw if you're wondering how I got in touch I had to lie and say the driver (who never attended) damaged my property via the bot to get a reply! Instead of a photo of the damage I sent them a photo of the letter of complaint which bounced back from their no reply email address (which didn't state no reply).

My advice to the op is, if you're a recipient of goods from a seller, contact the seller. Dont waste your time getting in touch with Hermes. See below, they're polite but useless.

"Thank you for contacting our Hermes Escalation Department. My name is Tariq and I work in the myHermes Escalations Team.

First of all I would like to begin by apologising for the inconvenince caused with your collection not being made and your most recent delivery not being attempted as no Calling Card was left either.

We’re 100% dedicated to ensuring every parcel arrives safely, but unfortunately on this occasion the courier has not met the standard of delivery we expect from them.

The GPS reading clearly indicates the attempt scans have not taken place, hence why the collection has not been made either. I have therefore escalated your concerns with the relevant team to establish why the courier is not attempting delivery or collection?

Please allow within 48 hours for an update"

This was after I waited in a total of 6 days for the courier. (edited)
    gazdoubleu10/09/2021 22:25

Now you are really are being contradictory, fools rely on forums, "It …Now you are really are being contradictory, fools rely on forums, "It never ceases to amaze me that parallels are drawn based on personal experiences" So if my personal experience and forums are congruent, that's still not ok then?How about detailed employee reviews? https://uk.indeed.com/cmp/Hermes-3/reviews?fjobtitle=Courieror maybe Watchdog reporters? https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5f05fYB0XYjdc6pwhrCD5D9/hermes-deliveriesThey definitely have the driver geolocation service, I can vouch for that. Fat lot of good it did though as my driver still recorded numerous fake collection/delivery attempts on this one and only by going back to the seller did I actually get a resolution. Btw if you're wondering how I got in touch I had to lie and say the driver (who never attended) damaged my property via the bot to get a reply! Instead of a photo of the damage I sent them a photo of the letter of complaint which bounced back from their no reply email address (which didn't state no reply).My advice to the op is, if you're a recipient of goods from a seller, contact the seller. Dont waste your time getting in touch with Hermes. See below, they're polite but useless."Thank you for contacting our Hermes Escalation Department. My name is Tariq and I work in the myHermes Escalations Team.First of all I would like to begin by apologising for the inconvenince caused with your collection not being made and your most recent delivery not being attempted as no Calling Card was left either.We’re 100% dedicated to ensuring every parcel arrives safely, but unfortunately on this occasion the courier has not met the standard of delivery we expect from them. The GPS reading clearly indicates the attempt scans have not taken place, hence why the collection has not been made either. I have therefore escalated your concerns with the relevant team to establish why the courier is not attempting delivery or collection?Please allow within 48 hours for an update"This was after I waited in a total of 6 days for the courier.

Have a wee dram and chill
    newbie6810/09/2021 22:55

Have a wee dram and chill

Yeah, you can send me a minature, choose a decent courier though. (edited)
    With Hermes, I think it's who your courier is and where you live. Probably applies to DPD as well (had a few hiccups with them too).

In rural Highlands (where boyf lives), the courier appears when it's worth his while - a parcel is marked as "Out For Delivery" day after day. You need a crystal ball to figure out when it's going to appear.

In Glasgow city centre, my Hermes guy is decent. I've even walked down the road chatting with him after he's finished his shift, crossing paths. Obviously I don't "know" him, but I trust that point of contact, at least - as much as someone can trust an acquaintance.

Hermes Live Chat (bottom-right, turn off adblockers) should get you through to a human on a chat window, but I agree, it is very frustrating when you can't talk on the phone and get things actioned there and then.
    Author
    Still no update . 7 days gone
    Author
    It has been delivered today . All thanks to the Almighty Allah (swt) . 9 sleepless nights , emailing to CEO from 4 different emails , after 9 days of sitting at their local depot and showing delay it has been delivered today. I will never use this courier . Never again (edited)
    Author

Email the CEO Martin de Lange. I have had to do this on numerous …Email the CEO Martin de Lange. I have had to do this on numerous occasions. He will either contact you himself or delegate it to his staff who will contact you either by phone or email. Contacting CEO always works. I have told him in no uncertain terms what I think about Hermes delivery staff. He has apologised and liaised with the relevant staff to sort the problems out.

Works for me as well
    MAGICAL_SONGS13/09/2021 14:46

Works for me as well

Could anyone share the email address please? Having an absolute nightmare with Hermes

Hi, do you the CEO email address so I can email them please?
    I've ordered something from Hermes and I've still not received it
's avatar