Is there any way to ungroup emails in gmail app?

Found 15th Oct 2017
I am able to ungroup emails in gmail by switching off conversation view but this doesn't seem to work on the gmail app itself.

I have googled a solution but there does not appear to be any.

Is there any way I can ungroup emails on the app itself?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Why not use a different email app to access your gmail mailbox..one that does support normal message rather than a threaded view.

I use aquamail for all my mailboxes. Gmail and Exchange. great app
Within the app:

>Settings
>General Settings
>Conversation view
Uridium1 h, 4 m ago

Why not use a different email app to access your gmail mailbox..one that …Why not use a different email app to access your gmail mailbox..one that does support normal message rather than a threaded view.I use aquamail for all my mailboxes. Gmail and Exchange. great app

thanks. will have a look.

my only concern is that i use gmail for business use as well as personal use and there are sensitive information that comes in and goes out of my email account so using an email app may put data security at risk?
miikeyblue3 m ago

Within the app:>Settings>General Settings>Conversation view

this box is not ticked in the app but the emails are still grouped and i can't seem to get them ungrouped. this option only seem to work on gmail but not the app. unless there is something wrong with my app, but it came as default with the phone on android.
tick it... go back to your inbox... then go tick it again.

It may not work, but may be that it just needs a little prod.
miikeyblue5 m ago

tick it... go back to your inbox... then go tick it again.It may not work, …tick it... go back to your inbox... then go tick it again.It may not work, but may be that it just needs a little prod.

i tried this before and it did not work. i have tried it again and still no joy
mutley11 h, 6 m ago

thanks. will have a look.my only concern is that i use gmail for business …thanks. will have a look.my only concern is that i use gmail for business use as well as personal use and there are sensitive information that comes in and goes out of my email account so using an email app may put data security at risk?

Aqua mail uses SSL just the same as the gmail does. I work for a Global Computer Corp... I use many Corporate Exchange mailboxes on mine.

Handset security should be the major concern rather than email app security, ensuring you have strong device password, encryption and remote wipe functionality.
Uridium1 h, 41 m ago

Aqua mail uses SSL just the same as the gmail does. I work for a Global …Aqua mail uses SSL just the same as the gmail does. I work for a Global Computer Corp... I use many Corporate Exchange mailboxes on mine.Handset security should be the major concern rather than email app security, ensuring you have strong device password, encryption and remote wipe functionality.

Thanks. That sounds comforting. I dont even lock my phone! I do have remote wipe though. Guess i am more worried about my email accountbeing hacked or other parties having access to my mail traffic as well as google.
get a password on it asap. Imaging losing your phone with free access to everything you have on it, cached passwords on websites, paypal, email accounts, contacts, calendar, addresses, photos....i won't go on
Uridium11 m ago

get a password on it asap. Imaging losing your phone with free access to …get a password on it asap. Imaging losing your phone with free access to everything you have on it, cached passwords on websites, paypal, email accounts, contacts, calendar, addresses, photos....i won't go on

how will they get access to my password on the phone if they steal it? I don't save password on any app access on my phone except google?

i don't like locking the phone as it makes access a bit of a nuisance.
mutley16 m ago

how will they get access to my password on the phone if they steal it? I …how will they get access to my password on the phone if they steal it? I don't save password on any app access on my phone except google?i don't like locking the phone as it makes access a bit of a nuisance.

I don't like locking my front door as it is a nuisance to have to fiddle in my pockets to find my key when I get home - still fo it though!
Van19735 m ago

I don't like locking my front door as it is a nuisance to have to fiddle …I don't like locking my front door as it is a nuisance to have to fiddle in my pockets to find my key when I get home - still fo it though!

this is very true. i actually have my bank account and my investment account on my phone with huge amount of cash in it! so i should really lock it. i did lock it for a week but gave up and unlocked it. i don't think anyone stealing my phone would be able to access my bank account and investment account through on the app though? if they can then **** i did not know this!
mutley129 m ago

how will they get access to my password on the phone if they steal it? I …how will they get access to my password on the phone if they steal it? I don't save password on any app access on my phone except google?i don't like locking the phone as it makes access a bit of a nuisance.

Lets say you leave your phone somewhere by accident..(it does happen, i've left one in a taxi myself after a night out once) Someone picks it up and with open access to your phone they can request a password reset for your google account and then change the password, accessing the password reset link in your email.

then with full access to your email account that gives them access to any website you use simply by requesting a password reset on the site and opening the password reset link that will pop into your email account they have full access to (and you don't anymore)

Not using any security on a smartphone is worse than not locking the door, its basically leaving it wide open with a flashing sign saying steal my stuff and my identity.

Yeah having a password is a pain but having your accounts hacked is worse......

you could always upgrade to a phone with a fingerprint reader, simpler than typing a password in....
Edited by: "Uridium" 15th Oct 2017
Uridium1 h, 55 m ago

Lets say you leave your phone somewhere by accident..(it does happen, i've …Lets say you leave your phone somewhere by accident..(it does happen, i've left one in a taxi myself after a night out once) Someone picks it up and with open access to your phone they can request a password reset for your google account and then change the password, accessing the password reset link in your email. then with full access to your email account that gives them access to any website you use simply by requesting a password reset on the site and opening the password reset link that will pop into your email account they have full access to (and you don't anymore)Not using any security on a smartphone is worse than not locking the door, its basically leaving it wide open with a flashing sign saying steal my stuff and my identity.Yeah having a password is a pain but having your accounts hacked is worse......you could always upgrade to a phone with a fingerprint reader, simpler than typing a password in....

OMG, i have never thought of this! They could access my bank account and my investment account as they have both my phone and my email address! I have fingerprint reader on my phone so i will set that. thank you guys, you have alerted me to a terrible security risk that i was oblivious to. so dumb of me.
Use the better Google mail app called inbox
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants