is there anyone offering a landline package with free unlimited mobile calls?

Found 30th Sep 2017
My friend is not ready to join the online world and doesn't have a mobile so looking for a landline only package with free calls to mobiles.. what would you recommend?

Im aware of sky offering this but is there anyone else? everyone else appears to imply you also need to take out broadband packages.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
16 Comments

I believe talktalk offer it with their anytime calls package.

I'm with them and so far they are ok.

Original Poster

tech34759 m ago

I believe talktalk offer it with their anytime calls package.I'm with them …I believe talktalk offer it with their anytime calls package.I'm with them and so far they are ok.

ive looked at plusnet, talk talk and vodafone but all seam to imply its only available as part of a broadband package.. only sky so far seam to have a page where you can order just the landline deal.

I pay £3 a month and get 100 mobile phone minutes I think

Original Poster

ended up doing a quick live chat with everyone google turned up saying the offered unlimited to mobiles and looks like sky is the only one who don't make u take out broadband to get the call package that has unlimited mobiles.. so ill pass there details on to her.. just hope they don't try selling her fiber or tv as she has neither a tv nor any use for broadband lol

sheps9 m ago

ended up doing a quick live chat with everyone google turned up saying the …ended up doing a quick live chat with everyone google turned up saying the offered unlimited to mobiles and looks like sky is the only one who don't make u take out broadband to get the call package that has unlimited mobiles.. so ill pass there details on to her.. just hope they don't try selling her fiber or tv as she has neither a tv nor any use for broadband lol

May sound silly, but it might be worth still seeing what offers are available with broadband as the TCO could still be cheaper.

I'd give them a chat to see what they say as they may be willing to give an extra discount to ensure that sale.

If they regularly have guests, they may also benefit from having even just a basic ADSL package.

Original Poster

tech347551 m ago

May sound silly, but it might be worth still seeing what offers are …May sound silly, but it might be worth still seeing what offers are available with broadband as the TCO could still be cheaper. I'd give them a chat to see what they say as they may be willing to give an extra discount to ensure that sale.If they regularly have guests, they may also benefit from having even just a basic ADSL package.

talk talk did happen to mention that but it appears to be generally no matter who i checked with an extra £8 on top of any broadband/fiber deal...

Sky offering for £26.99 a month including line rental.. which only a bit cheaper than the fiber deals available.. don't want to confuse her by making her get fiber unless it really was cheaper.. it kinda my worry about sky too is they will try sell her what she dont need.. we working on getting her to a class to learn to use a mobile and the internet but she could be put off if we pushed it.

Original Poster

you know on second thoughts I'll maybe rethink that..if it wasn't replying on cashback and had some sorta other incentive it could be something i could maybe talk her into. especially if it possible to get her a better deal.. yip i think she might go for it even if it came down to reassuring her she never had to have it plugged in until she was ready lol.. as said above id just worry she'd feel pushed into it and i also worry if it was plugged in she'd get annoyed or more so frustrated if people used it when visiting when even a mobile phone is something she finds alien the now.. although she has come to realise she needs to learn and the benefits it would bring ... anyway enough rambling ... any suggestions?
Edited by: "sheps" 30th Sep 2017

Why not go mobile? All inclusive calls...Looks like a landline phone.

GSM desktop phone

Virgin do this for £27 a month too. If you need me to get someone to call her let me know and I can pass the details on

Original Poster

mrty19 h, 11 m ago

Why not go mobile? All inclusive calls...Looks like a landline phone. GSM …Why not go mobile? All inclusive calls...Looks like a landline phone. GSM desktop phone

She can't use a mobile .. We've tried but she's a complete technophobe .. She's looking at trying to find a night class to help with this and hopefully get her online too.. Just looking for something to take the price down meantime
Edited by: "sheps" 1st Oct 2017

Original Poster

jb6611 h, 43 m ago

Virgin do this for £27 a month too. If you need me to get someone to call …Virgin do this for £27 a month too. If you need me to get someone to call her let me know and I can pass the details on

Thank you for that ., Is there a contract with virgin? It 12 months with sky and I'd hope she'll have been on a course and looking towards the mobile and online world before then although it by no means certain.

I tried to get my gran to use a mobile but had same issue she just prefers the landline

It's a 12month contact too

How many calls does she actually make? It might be worth looking at someone like Uno with reasonable call costs.

How would £13.91 a month + 3.96p per minute compare with what Sky are asking?

sheps1st Oct

She can't use a mobile .. We've tried but she's a complete technophobe .. …She can't use a mobile .. We've tried but she's a complete technophobe .. She's looking at trying to find a night class to help with this and hopefully get her online too.. Just looking for something to take the price down meantime

If you file the link you will see it is a desk phone, Like a standard corded one. The only difference is that the signal instead of coming down a wire, comes over the airways.

Sure you CAN use messaging, but it's ideal for a Technophobe as you just pick up the handset and press the buttons as per a normal, wired, telephone.

Original Poster

mrty1 h, 47 m ago

If you file the link you will see it is a desk phone, Like a standard …If you file the link you will see it is a desk phone, Like a standard corded one. The only difference is that the signal instead of coming down a wire, comes over the airways. Sure you CAN use messaging, but it's ideal for a Technophobe as you just pick up the handset and press the buttons as per a normal, wired, telephone.

ah ok I'm with ya! lol ok that may be just the solution we need im sure i can find a cheap unlimited mins sim for her as she really does like to talk!

Original Poster

anyone know a easy way to work out which provider she might get a signal in her house with? or can recommend free sims to test which actually get signal? I know that ee useless in hers but don't know anyone else on other networks that dont use ee to try it out thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants