Is there anyone who has a calorie book that can tell me how many calories per teaspoon in Asda smart price marmalade please?

As title says really. It's not in my calorie book. Thanks. x

19 Comments

Is it not on the Jar? :?

Original Poster

It goes by 100g on the jar. I only used 2 tea spoons. I'm use to using the tesco one which is normally in teaspoons in my book.

Does it tell you on the jar how many calories are in 100g?

depends what is on the spoon and how heaped you have it (obviously) but its roughly 8g per teaspoon, so you should be able to work it out from that.

buy food scales.

Original Poster

chrishill;4117048

Does it tell you on the jar how many calories are in 100g?depends what is … Does it tell you on the jar how many calories are in 100g?depends what is on the spoon and how heaped you have it (obviously) but its roughly 8g per teaspoon, so you should be able to work it out from that.

Yes it does. Didn;t know a teaspoon was approx 8g thanks for that! x:thumbsup:

Original Poster

angleskinrach;4117080

Yes it does. Didn;t know a teaspoon was approx 8g thanks for that! … Yes it does. Didn;t know a teaspoon was approx 8g thanks for that! x:thumbsup:

Just noticed it says 15g per tea spoon for most of the other jams. Thanks anyway. x

Not trying to be mean or anything, but wouldn't it be best to avoid things like jam/marmalade if you're on a diet?

Original Poster

For breakfast I have -
1 dry round of wholemeal bread, NO butter and 2 teaspoons of marmalade.

Lunch -
weight watchers soup, 1 round of wholemeal bread and low fat yogurt

Tea -
1 meduim jacket potato, beans and 2 meat free sasages

I still have calories left and that's counting in my milk allowance for the day. So no I dont feel I need to cut out marmalade.

Original Poster

There's less calories in that than there is 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk

It's not all about calories however - it's about how the calories are comprised.

Anyhoo, good luck!

Original Poster

Well, I don't hardly eat anything sugary or very fatty so a little marmalade isn't to bad for me.
Thanks for the good luck.

How many calories are you eating a day? because what you list there doesn't seem very much to me.

Your body needs energy to survive and to keep your metabolism up.

Original Poster

It's ok, I make sure I have 1300 which is right for how much I want to loose.

angleskinrach;4118791

It's ok, I make sure I have 1300 which is right for how much I want to … It's ok, I make sure I have 1300 which is right for how much I want to loose.

personally I don't think that's enough. It's not about how much weight you want to lose, but about giving your body enough energy to burn off fat. The lower your calorie intake the harder it will be to lose weight.

If you eat to few calories your body goes into starvation mode, it stores fat and burns proteins from muscle, so you won't lose weight, your metabolism will just slow to a crawl and you will have to eat fewer and fewer calories.

Original Poster

This is what A-Z of calories advises for my weight. Where are you getting your information from?. If you have read different then I'm interested. Thanks. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Original Poster

Cheers, meant to subscribe the other day and then got side tracked. Just off to dish up tea but will have a look later. Cheers.

angleskinrach;4117517

For breakfast I have -1 dry round of wholemeal bread, NO butter and 2 … For breakfast I have -1 dry round of wholemeal bread, NO butter and 2 teaspoons of marmalade. Lunch - weight watchers soup, 1 round of wholemeal bread and low fat yogurtTea -1 meduim jacket potato, beans and 2 meat free sasagesI still have calories left and that's counting in my milk allowance for the day. So no I dont feel I need to cut out marmalade.

if your setting yourself for 1300 a day it may be a better idea to have 5/6 smaller meals a day, speeds up the metabolism which leads to more fat burned. Also stops you snacking on biscuits and other "dirty" food.

Original Poster

black gerbil1;4120124

if your setting yourself for 1300 a day it may be a better idea to have … if your setting yourself for 1300 a day it may be a better idea to have 5/6 smaller meals a day, speeds up the metabolism which leads to more fat burned. Also stops you snacking on biscuits and other "dirty" food.

I know, hubby told me this too. To be honest though I would find this hard to do. I am losing the weight steadily though and doing exercise on the wii throughout the day. I have lost 5lb in 2 weeks so I am quite chuffed
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2486
    2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1117
    3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?917
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416151

See more discussions