Groups

Is there anyway can get my recordings from sky+ to my PC/Mac?

Banned
    Hi, is there anything i can buy that will allow me to record from my tv, e.g. sky+ recordings and i can put them straight onto my mac without having to convert it? I think i saw something a few months ago, which would record from tv to memory card and could be played with quicktime media player on the mac/pc. But the quality wasn't excellent but it was good, i think.

11 Comments

Banned

Use a video capture device by USB to your computer :thumbsup:

Use a scart to RCA phono adapter then plug it into the capture device, I've done it works fine by the way

google.co.uk/pro…tle

Original Poster Banned

^^ I was thinking of something like the sandisk v-mate, does anyone know where i can get them for around £20 like before or something similar to that?

wow-super technical.....wish i was clever!!

Banned

magicbeans;4773670

wow-super technical.....wish i was clever!!

Damn 13 yr old 360 jockeys do this stuff

Original Poster Banned

what are you guys talking about i said it was for sky+ recordings????

Banned

askfareed;4777284

what are you guys talking about i said it was for sky+ recordings????

Yeah there's no difference what ever device you are recording from as long as it has scart or SVGA output :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

ok but how does that device let me connect it to my pc and save it as a video i can watch on my pc and not on dvd, e.g. like the sandisk v-mate.

Banned

askfareed;4778170

ok but how does that device let me connect it to my pc and save it as a … ok but how does that device let me connect it to my pc and save it as a video i can watch on my pc and not on dvd, e.g. like the sandisk v-mate.

You can use any video capture software to record the sky + to any format that is supported by the software then write to a dvd if you want.

Original Poster Banned

So as i have a mac i can just buy one of these: pinnaclesys.com/Pub…htm

and connect it to my tv, record what i want and transfer it to my mac through usb? Seems easy, but they seem expensive, thats why i think i may go with the sandisk v-mate, anyone know where they are cheap?

Banned

askfareed;4779787

So as i have a mac i can just buy one of these: … So as i have a mac i can just buy one of these: http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Video+Capture+for+Mac.htmand connect it to my tv, record what i want and transfer it to my mac through usb? Seems easy, but they seem expensive, thats why i think i may go with the sandisk v-mate, anyone know where they are cheap?

The hardware is the same on all of those. Its the software that is different on those packages.

Get a cheap capture device then pay / download a cheap mac compatible program.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for all your help, left rep
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764587
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3281161
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1934
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1022

See more discussions