Is there anyway I can check or register for Samsung tablet

Found 12th Jan
I bought a 2nd hand tablet and person who sold said it's brand new as they received it as a gift...

I would like to register it as a product, is there anyway to check it's warranty ?

Thank you in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

bit leftfield i know but have you considered trying
samsungs website ?
Edited by: "mattmerch" 12th Jan

If you register here Samsung you can then find out about the warranty

Original Poster

Toptrumpet31 m ago

If you register here Samsung you can then find out about the warranty

Already registered but it gives no information

I'm not sure what you are after exists. It would need the original seller to inform Samsung when exactly the item was purchased. It's done by places like Dell where the system number brings up all the specs and when it was sold, same with Apple stuff, but not many other places do something like that.

i assume you want to check if the tablet is still under the manufacturer's 12 months warranty.

i don't think it matters about registration. you need the original receipt to claim under warranty even if you have registered the product with the manufacturer. i think registration only helps to make the warranty claim process faster when you do have a fault.

i register our household electrical appliances online when i buy them, but when we make a claim, we are still asked to show proof of purchase before the manufacturer will repair the product.

i have also had it the other way round, where i have not registered the product with the manufacturer but claimed under warranty and produced the original receipt.

I've had my Samsung phone's which I've bought second hand repaired under warranty without a receipt. When you call them up and inform them you've bought it second hand they take the warranty date from the serial number as far as I can tell. I'm not sure what the warranty is for tablets but with Samsung phones it's 2 years. Call them up I've found them really helpful unlike LG who have a manufacturing fault with their G4s and still refuse to repair without a receipt.

All Samsung tablets come with 2 year Repair guarantee. You could have an online chat with Samsung explaining you bought it second hand and if they could provide you with information as to when it runs out of guarantee.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants